Trophy Plus 13 3/4 dia or PowerTech TRO4 with exhaust ring mounted to 02 225 EFI 2 Stroke

Hi All,

I have a 2002 Pathfinder 2200V running a Tempest plus prop and it is fast and all good.  I want to get a 4 blade for less speed and more stern lift in shallow water to plane when loaded.  There is a lot of posts on many props but I am curious if anyone has tried a 4 blade Trophy Plus or PowerTech TRO4 prop with an exhaust ring to fit a 4 3/4 gear case?

2002 2200V with Merc 225 EFI 2 stroke - Jackplate - strong running

Tempest Plus 26P prop 5400 RPM 55 MPH 

I am thinking I could run a smaller diam prop and get goo performance.  maybe a 24P Trophy Plus....Thoughts Please.

1 hour ago, Jeff Texas Trout Fisherman said:

Thanks, anyone else use a 4 blade Trophy Plus or powertech tro4 with an exhaust ring.

I'm running a PowerTech PTR4 on my Suzuki and I'm using the exhaust ring. I know we are comparing 2 different sized engines but if the PT prop you are referencing has similar attributes to the PTR4 series, then you'll get plenty of stern lift. You can definitely feel the stern lift when you are trimmed right and hammer down on the throttle. The back end of boat will lift up with the entire hull remaining horizontal and little to no bow rise. I've used this prop's stern lifting attributes to get mo on plane in very shallow water and to keep me on plane at lower speeds when I'm running shallow (and I run shallow! sometimes).

• Like 1

I should preface my post with No it is not a direct answer to your question of people with knowledge of two specific props

You are running a great prop for stern lift. If you want it to get on plane faster get another tempest in less pitch. 

When I bought my 2200TRS it had a non oem branded prop. The boat stuck to the water like glue. The spray was up by the console at full speed. The First prop I swapped to was a tempest plus and it changed the boat completely. The boat rode on the water not in the water. The tempest plus is a very good lifting prop.

• Like 1

On my former year 2001… 24 Pathfinder I had a Yamaha F250 with a PowerTech OFX4-21” that worked great for stern lift and overall performance, the 4 blade was a tad slower but handled terrific. It would turn 5800 rpm and be running about 52 mph. The 3 blade prop would turn 6000 rpm and be running 57 mph. Big difference on top end but I seldom run WOT.

Currently my 2009 22 Pathfinder with a F150 , I’m running a PowerTech OFX4-17” and it works great. At 5600 rpm running 43 mph.

the 4 blades will be slower but we’ll worth it if loaded because it will pick the stern up quickly.