Trailering with 2 spares

HenrysCreek

Anyone have a recommendation on how to change this setup around to work better?  The spare laying on the frame gets in the way of the bow.  If I raise the forward roller, the boat won’t sit on the middle beam (is that an issue?).  Thought I had the trailer refurb’d perfectly, but when I went to reload the boat, ran into this issue earlier this week.  

If anyone has pics of mounting 2 spares, I’d appreciate seeing them!  Thanks.

IMG_4064.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jh141 said:

I think Bamaskeet is on to something.  Move that front roller back, that will raise the front of the boat and may be enough to clear.

Looking at the bow stop roller, the front looks a bit low anyway. My winch hook is right under my bow stop roller.

I agree, but, you have a lot of tongue weight ???

dc

• Like 1

If I raise the roller or move it back much further, the boat will now longer also rest on the center beam pad….

The would call for raising the center beam pad as well. I have a neighbor finishing up on a new boat ramp. I should be able to dunk it on Friday and play around with moving things around. Would prefer to keep the bed of the truck clear for long weekends worth of gear/traveling. 

Thanks again for the suggestions!

On 8/15/2023 at 9:47 PM, HenrysCreek said:

Would prefer to keep the bed of the truck clear for long weekends worth of gear/traveling. 

I frequent Little Gasparilla Island a few times a year.  It’s a barrier island on the west coast of Florida only accessible by boat.  I trailer there from South Florida.  When I had my 21 MA, I loaded almost everything I could into the hatches.  You’ll be surprised how much gear and such you can fit in an MA when packed correctly.  Coolers and anything of weight that could get wet went on the deck of the boat.  This would free up your truck bed for spares.

Another idea… you wrap the spare tire in a tarp or something similar and place it on the deck of the boat.  I’ve done this on other boats as well.  Small tarp and some tape or straps.   

When I look at the trailer the spares will go next to the bow of the boat before the bow roller. The holder actually holds the tire at an angle letting you tuck it along the flair of the bow. I would think that your jack stand is forward of the winch  stand. 

I don't know the angle but assuming it is 45 deg. It should tuck under nicely.

My spare holder is very simple.

A spindle was welded into a piece of  axle and bolted to the frame.

If necessary I could do the same on the port side and place it far enough back to avoid the winch handle.

The only downside is on some extreme parking lot entrances with a large angle from the road it will bump. 

20230824_200947.heic 20230824_200745.heic