Thoughts on the new 2024 2200 TRS?

blackacre

Maybe its me, but I think Pathfinder missed the mark with the new 2200. Seems like the 2200 model has evolved from being a tournament fishing bay boat, to a family sandbar cruiser.  Seems like its heavier, slower, drafts more and has less livewell capacity. What happened to making "angler driven" boats? 

Just posted this in the other section about no build option on the 2200 a couple weeks ago.

Noticed the same thing a couple weeks ago and checked yesterday and see they completely redesigned it.  Has a feel of the short lived recent 2005 that got discontinued quickly. Maybe it’s me and maybe it will grow on me but I prefer the earlier model. Trim tabs not recessed, troll motor wire has long run to plug, with anchor locker below top deck, bow area has a lot of separate cushions to get lost and snaps to break, rear seats not as sleek and don’t look very comfortable, deleted front rails for seat backs and now have just a handle.  Need to check it out at my local dealer and see in person though. I hope it proves to be a great successor but I’m just not sure yet because it feels like a bigger redesign than in the past. 

• Like 1

Overall, I don’t think this refresh balances fishing and family nearly as well as the prior model. I fish and do sand bar runs on the same day with my 2016. Not sure how effectively I could do that with the new bow set up. I hate cashing and standing on cushions to fish and there simply is no room to stand at the bow in this new version.  Heavier and larger fuel tank are also not terribly helpful for either. The back deck and motor well are just awkward.  Again, I’d like to reserve full judgement for in person.

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I saw was its resemblance to the 2005. Why they want to get rid of a well-performing and selling boat is beyond me but I would have to wait and see/ride in person to pass judgment. Definitely do not like the lines of the boat, they don't scream fishing bay boat to me.  Two things I do like are the in-floor hatch in front of the console and the fact that you can mount twin Power Poles with the swim platform, these could have been done to the existing boat though.