1992 18.5’ Maverick Master Angler (project boat)

tidewater

For Sale 1992 18.5’ Maverick Master Angler (project boat)

I am selling my 1992 Master Angler. This is a project boat for whomever is looking for a classic Maverick hull in good shape. My intent was to rewire the entire boat about 5 years ago.  Much of the wiring has been completed for running lights, bilge pumps, live well, new switch panel installed and wire run to bow for trolling motor.  All mechanics were removed under the console (hydraulic trim tabs and Jackplate). Also a new hydraulic steering assembly installed on the motor. All parts removed are boxed and ready to reassemble. The jackplate hydraulics worked when removed but the trim tabs did not (maybe just switch?, Intent was to replace with electric tabs. 

The hull is solid, no cracks or holes. The deck has many spider cracks as expected in a boat built in ’92.  The motor is a 150 hp Yamaha 1995 and was running very well when last used. Trailer was rebuilt with new bunks and axle with very little use since then

Includes many extras from anchor and line, boat hook, landing net, to packaged life vests, fold down seats etc.

I have clear title to both boat and trailer located in Centreville, Maryland. I purchase this boat from ‘’Tarpon Terry” who was one of the original redeemed members on the forum years ago and trailered it home from Key Largo.  

I’m selling because of "my" old age (80) and several health issues that don’t allow me to proceed with this project.

Price $5,000

image.thumb.jpeg.914caa8c7730dfd61659ca6bc418c7d5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59956a426d5d00e28444f3bef6ccba62.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f5616ea4697bf8653a3afae7f8f53ffa.jpeg

mav sale.docx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

We gonna see this thing around local waters?

Yes she gonna be on the local waters but from the looks of things it’s gonna be a little while.

7 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

congrats HoneyB!  Hooe you start a thread on her!

I will start a thread when I have some work done. Although I am sure I can’t compete with the other restoration threads. These boys do some nice work around here 

IMG_7061.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, I missed this one....my wife would definitely put me on permanent time out if I had gone for this one...

Should be a great project....

HB - call me anytime...happy to provide you with the little I know on restoration 

Let the thread begin !!!

BTW, Tarpon Terry was one of the first members who provided me with insights and knowledge....we fished together a few times....he had some serious health issues a while back...probably need to reach out and let him know his girl is getting ready for some new makeup :)

DC

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Wow, I missed this one....my wife would definitely put me on permanent time out if I had gone for this one...

Should be a great project....

HB - call me anytime...happy to provide you with the little I know on restoration 

Let the thread begin !!!

BTW, Tarpon Terry was one of the first members who provided me with insights and knowledge....we fished together a few times....he had some serious health issues a while back...probably need to reach out and let him know his girl is getting ready for some new makeup :)

DC

I was wondering if anyone here knew the previous owner. That’s awesome if you contact him tell him the ole girl is getting rehabbed in something as close to the original color as possible 

IMG_0126.jpeg

That gel coat is wet, you know like people take photos when they try to sell boats on line . the boat has some gouges here and there. and the bottom was cut up pretty good. Why Paint. well the boat has been wet sanded and polished at least once the guy I bought it from had wet sanded   and polished at least once  years ago. the bottom has had one new coat of gel coat at some point and was still pretty cut up. So why paint? I have a vision!  leaving imperfections in the boat and making it shiny just doesn't work for me.

• Like 1