Flamingo Question

I usually run from Islamorada to Flamingo and while I often stop at the visitors center store for a break I never got around to ask if while camping there can you rent a boat slip??? I can camp from my truck for a few days but putting the boat in and out every day will be too much of an interruption camping from my truck…… 

TIA

This is the number I have for the Marina at Flamingo... Call them and ask... (352)701-6581...   If that number is no longer valid call the Visitor's Center for the Park - they will have a current number... (305) 242-7700...

Remember all the stuff you pay money for in the Park is run by their concessionaire  -  here's their website that covers all of their operations -marina, boat rentals, including houseboats, campsite, and even that new motel that's about to open... https://flamingoeverglades.com/

Can't say enough good things about that current concessionaire - they're head and shoulders above past concession operators (and I first hit Flamingo in 1974...).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lemaymiami said:

This is the number I have for the Marina at Flamingo... Call them and ask... (352)701-6581...   If that number is no longer valid call the Visitor's Center for the Park - they will have a current number... (305) 242-7700...

Remember all the stuff you pay money for in the Park is run by their concessionaire  -  here's their website that covers all of their operations -marina, boat rentals, including houseboats, campsite, and even that new motel that's about to open... https://flamingoeverglades.com/

Can't say enough good things about that current concessionaire - they're head and shoulders above past concession operators (and I first hit Flamingo in 1974...).

Thank you! 

20 minutes ago, SeaSerpent123 said:

When I stay in the house boat, I keep my boat in the water right next to it and there is no issue.  

I figured that would be okay to do if I rented a houseboat, I’d like to see if they rent slips if I was camping out of my truck or camper so I wouldn’t have to launch each day I’m there. 

On 9/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, Joe Crato said:

I figured that would be okay to do if I rented a houseboat, I’d like to see if they rent slips if I was camping out of my truck or camper so I wouldn’t have to launch each day I’m there. 

the only issue is you limit yourself...unless you are going to take it out...which you might as well keep it on the trailer, to the side where it's stored overnight...

Personally, I'd take the extra 15 minutes and load and launch each day and determine whether you are going to run to the back or stay out front and launch accordingly....you are literally 10 minutes out the front to snake bight and parts in front....and if you decide to run to the shark or the back...you can run through the canal and coot bay....can almost assure you if you are camping, you'll be the first in the water if you are an early bird :)

EDIT: I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP IN THE TRUCK ?   HMMMM...WHY NOT JUST GET A ONE OF THOSE TYPEE THINGS.

dc

17 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

the only issue is you limit yourself...unless you are going to take it out...which you might as well keep it on the trailer, to the side where it's stored overnight...

Personally, I'd take the extra 15 minutes and load and launch each day and determine whether you are going to run to the back or stay out front and launch accordingly....you are literally 10 minutes out the front to snake bight and parts in front....and if you decide to run to the shark or the back...you can run through the canal and coot bay....can almost assure you if you are camping, you'll be the first in the water if you are an early bird :)

EDIT: I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP IN THE TRUCK ?   HMMMM...WHY NOT JUST GET A ONE OF THOSE TYPEE THINGS.

dc

We might tent camp and having a Jeep Gladiator it would be integrated into our campsite so it would be nice to launch my boat and have a slip to keep it in till it’s time to pack up and leave. All of it is just an idea at this point. I honestly don’t mind running from Islamorada to fish Flamingo. We left a few times just before sunrise and had plenty of first light fishing. We stay in the area of Worldwide Sportsman, can’t beat the convenience of everything in that area. 

Whoever I spoke with yesterday said they always have room to tie up a skiff so I was happy with that incase we decide to try something new……

Take a look at Sea Sepeant's videos on his YouTube channel on the houseboat..he did a good job on his trips......I agree running from Islamorada is about 45-min to 1 hour depending on water conditions....nice to have a hot shower and fun places to eat at the end of the day.........the  only disadvantage is that you are limited to the front and maybe up to Lake Ingrim....if you decide to maybe get a house boat...you can head to the back....or flip to the front with a trailer launch....either way, sounds like you are going to have a great time !!!

dc

Keeping the boat in the water is nice, just jump on and go.  We have a trip coming up in Novemeber again and staying in the marina on the houseboat.  I dock right next to the houseboat and by the fuel docks, they allow you to hose off the boat real quick before you put her to bed.  It's really convenient but you are on the inside.  Not a big issue to be honest as I usually lauch the outside day 1 and run all the way around.  Day 2 I'll do the same but in reverse with a pull out at the end.  The beauty is everyone leaves at 1:00 p.m. so you can fish late and have the place to yourself.  I'll attach  the video for you to see how I dock.

• Like 1