2600 TRS

northernsnooker

Anybody have any time on one of these?

I've never owned a step hull.

I am always keeping an eye out for a good deal on one. I know they haven't been out long, but you never even see slightly used ones for sale.

We like (wife loves) our current boat, but I would like to get back in a Pathfinder at some point and the 26 TRS would be the best fit. We do just as much family boating as fishing.

Thanks

I've never been on a 26, so can't comment on ride. But, you need to Google advantages of stepped hulls and educate yourself about how they work. That's what I did to understand the step on my 23. I'm not sure if the ride is better, but it's much faster and more fuel efficient.

Thanks for the info. I have done some research on the stepped hulls.

I'm also curious about the weight. The website has it at 3,350 lb which is the same as the HPS. It has to be heavier than the HPS. The Performance Bulletin for the HPS with the F300 has the test weight as 3,772 lb. Add the bigger console, hardtop and additional TRS features has to add somewhere between 500-1,000 lb.

If anyone comes across a used 2600 TRS, please let me know.

Thanks!

How does it compare to the Gause 26? Would really like something one day that handled the chop better than my 2400 TE and accommodate my large family (4 kids including recent newborn). Love my Pathfinder 24 (as I did my Hewes before it) but its not really the best when the wind is blowing or running outside. Interested as well as to what the +s nd -s are of the 2600TRS.

I also have a 24. The 24 rides much better then the 22. Everyone I know who has been on both all agree. The jump between the two rides is a big difference. Now take that difference and add it to the 26. I love my 24, but the 26 rides a lot better in rough water and chopped seas. No its not the boat for 4 to 6ft, but over all, a great ride.

Archived