Minn Kota Terrova Lower Unit Seal

DaveVero

So the newest thing on my 2003 MA has a Problem. Bought a Minn Kota Terrova June 2021.  Just found out from the service center that water got in the lower unit and it will be $850 to repair. They are quoting an entire new lower unit with a new shaft. Question is why not just replace the seals and clean the motor? Did the saltwater damage  the motor on contact ? Probably going to be months to get a new lower unit.

6 hours ago, DaveVero said:

So the newest thing on my 2003 MA has a Problem. Bought a Minn Kota Terrova June 2021.  Just found out from the service center that water got in the lower unit and it will be $850 to repair. They are quoting an entire new lower unit with a new shaft. Question is why not just replace the seals and clean the motor? Did the saltwater damage  the motor on contact ? Probably going to be months to get a new lower unit.

Who is quoting you this?  

DC

10 hours ago, DaveVero said:

Company called Aqua Tech Marine in Palm Bay. They are the Minn Kota warranty Center. I did not drop off the Terrova so have not spoken to them but did receive a written quote. I believe that you can just replace parts ! Why buy the whole unit (Shaft,Housing, motor)

Call Mike at Master Repair in Stuart...Tell him Dino sent ya :)

He is the largest dealer in the state and is on top of any options to save money.

dc