3 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

With the Romp goin down this weekend , been thinkin bout checkin out a new area .

Pros n cons of Goodland

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Check with Coto....

But, I know, because it's outside of the park,  there is a fleet of JET SKI'S that go way up into the back.....he's told me he's seen them as far back as Pumpkin bay :(

DC

• 2 weeks later...

As one of the founding firefighters of the Romp I’m happy to see you guys enjoying the tournament! Rob has taken the tournament to a whole new level over the years and we really appreciate everyone that participates. We have been able to do some really good things for people in need with the proceeds. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe Crato said:

As one of the founding firefighters of the Romp I’m happy to see you guys enjoying the tournament! Rob has taken the tournament to a whole new level over the years and we really appreciate everyone that participates. We have been able to do some really good things for people in need with the proceeds. 

definitely.....years ago I fished the "Friends of the fire-fighters" tourney at POI...about 2006 or 2007....is that part of the same group that became the Romp?

dc

On 10/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

definitely.....years ago I fished the "Friends of the fire-fighters" tourney at POI...about 2006 or 2007....is that part of the same group that became the Romp?

dc

That wouldn’t be part of the Romp. A few of us East Naples Fire Department Local 2396 union members formed a fundraising committee and since we all liked to fish the 10,000 Islands we decided a fishing tournament would be more fun than selling Christmas Trees and it took off from there….. We since merged a few departments together here and that’s where Rob came in and took the helm. He’s definitely taken the Romp to a new level and we have a respectable following. We held the Romp at Calusa Marina in Goodland a few times but decided POI was the best spot for the Romp. 

3 hours ago, Joe Crato said:

That wouldn’t be part of the Romp. A few of us East Naples Fire Department Local 2396 union members formed a fundraising committee and since we all liked to fish the 10,000 Islands we decided a fishing tournament would be more fun than selling Christmas Trees and it took off from there….. We since merged a few departments together here and that’s where Rob came in and took the helm. He’s definitely taken the Romp to a new level and we have a respectable following. We held the Romp at Calusa Marina in Goodland a few times but decided POI was the best spot for the Romp. 

GREAT CAUSE !!!

Let me know next time you have any similar events or need a licensed Captain...I can't catch feeeesh, but, can drive a boat :)

DC

• Like 1