Live Well - No power at switch

koondog

Hey guys,  Can't get my live well to run and it appears the switch doesn't have any power when flipping it on. (doesn't light up) Boat is 2016 22trs with the toggle style switches.  Tried the breaker ... didn't work. These electrical issues with switches seem to give me trouble trying to fix.  Wasn't sure if ya'll had any suggestions. Thanks.

On 10/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, koondog said:

Hey guys,  Can't get my live well to run and it appears the switch doesn't have any power when flipping it on. (doesn't light up) Boat is 2016 22trs with the toggle style switches.  Tried the breaker ... didn't work. These electrical issues with switches seem to give me trouble trying to fix.  Wasn't sure if ya'll had any suggestions. Thanks.

So, take a step back and a deep breath...electrical stuff will drive you nuts...

1.) let's test the obvious...(cut the wire to the live well pump) and connect it with some alligator clips to a 12 v external battery....confirm that the pump is working....ok, step one is complete....if yes, go to step two, if no, replace pump

2.) oK, you've confirmed the pump is working...connect it back to the in-line line electrical and make your way to the console

3.) so, you know your pump is working....therefore, you have some type of open circuit int he connection

4.) check all you connections are tight and firmly in place - flip the up and down switch to be sure it works

5.) take the positive and negative and with some alligator clips, connect it to a direct supply to 12 v...if it come on, you know your switch is bad or the breaker.

6.) if it does not come on, you have a back breaker or switch...then you need to do some checking on whether it[s the switch or breaker....take your time and test each one...

once you identify the location...then you can determine where the problem lies...

hope this helps.....

as mentioned above...B sure you have a good testing meter...thisis 100% required.

dc

On 10/17/2023 at 8:25 AM, koondog said:

Those Carling toggle switches with the illuminating tip go bad. I have had to replace many of mine.  

• Like 1