Trolling batteries

RacerxV6

Question for everyone....

One of my trolling batteries died, should I go for replacing both or just replace the one that won't charge.  I find it hard that only one died and not both.  Has anyone experienced this before?  Also, if I do replace just the one can I mix group sizes?

Let me know your thoughts!!!

19 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Also, if I do replace just the one can I mix group sizes?

Not recommended.....change out both....keep the one that "seems ok" as a backup....keep it charged in the garage for a rainy day.

I just had a DEKA Series 31 (Durracel) from Batteries plus go bad....bought it the same day I bought 3 others....

Batteries plus gave me a new one...no questions asked....

You can always use the other as a jumper battery in the back of the pick up....I carry one for that one time I might need it.

Dc

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lurem said:

Check your battery charger and make sure it is charging all the banks to a full charge like it is supposed to. Me and my friend had a NOCCO charger that one bank was not giving a full charge so we thought the battery was bad and it was not the case.

This concerns me as I bought my Noco just several months ago....I hope that that's not the issue.....how did you find out it was the charger, change leads on batteries?

11 hours ago, redzone1 said:

Impulse Lithium single 25.6v 60AH battery with their DC charge on the run charger for $1,043 delivered to your door, free shipping, no tax, 10 year non-prorated warranty.  weighs 32 pounds and fits in a group 31 box.  Bluetooth monitoring.

After doing a lot of research and talking to some people who have been using impulse lithium brand batteries for a few years I decided to go with their 36v-60AH battery with Bluetooth for my PP Move TM. So far it’s great. They’re in the middle price range in the market and come with a fully equipped BMS system with all the sensors, along with one of the best warranties. I also got their 36v -12v dual charger. I fully believe lifePo4 lithium batteries are the way to go TM’s and over the long haul the best value for power. Big bonus is you loose a lot of weight in your rig if it matters to you. I’ll never get another battery without Bluetooth, being able to see the state of charge and voltage at anytime is valuable.

5 hours ago, searing said:

After doing a lot of research and talking to some people who have been using impulse lithium brand batteries for a few years I decided to go with their 36v-60AH battery with Bluetooth for my PP Move TM. So far it’s great. They’re in the middle price range in the market and come with a fully equipped BMS system with all the sensors, along with one of the best warranties. I also got their 36v -12v dual charger. I fully believe lifePo4 lithium batteries are the way to go TM’s and over the long haul the best value for power. Big bonus is you loose a lot of weight in your rig if it matters to you. I’ll never get another battery without Bluetooth, being able to see the state of charge and voltage at anytime is valuable.

Searing thank you, weight is not an issue with my boat as it is an aluminum hull.  As for Lithium, I am just not convinced yet.  Have to many buddies that went that route with their bass boats and have had problems.  I am sure there are multiple factors but, just not for me right now...

21 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Lurem, 

Did you file a claim with NoCo and did they honor anything?  Thanks, Matt

It is on my friends boat and he sent me a text last night....it is in warranty....but it takes about 2-3 weeks because to recover, you have to mail them your charger with invoice, they verify the complaint and send a replacement if it is indeed faulty. He mailed his two days ago so I do not have any more than that to tell at this time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lurem said:

It is on my friends boat and he sent me a text last night....it is in warranty....but it takes about 2-3 weeks because to recover, you have to mail them your charger with invoice, they verify the complaint and send a replacement if it is indeed faulty. He mailed his two days ago so I do not have any more than that to tell at this time.

Why I like West Marine....buy the extended 3 year warranty on electronics...bilge pumps, pumps, etc. and if it fails, you bring it back, they give you a new one or credit for new product....

dc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got the chance to check into my battery issue.  I believe I lucked out, it seems that one of the buttons got pushed and actually turned off that bank.  I turned it back on and set it to 12V and it is currently blinking as though it is charging.  More to follow up on later after a couple hours of charging.