Built with the highest quality materials...

geeviam

I would love to buy a new Hewes Redfisher 21 (or one made since the release of the latest design).  The Hewes, Mavericks and Pathfinders made prior to MBG being purchased by Malibu Boats were vacuum infused (VARIS) with 100% Vinyl-Ester resin - and advertised as such.  I know they still use VARIS, but what about the resin?  Are they still made with 100% Vinyl-Ester?  Skin-coat only?  Polyester?  Hybrid blend?  The specifics are no longer mentioned in their marketing materials or on the websites.  Thanks.

Hey Geev !  I spoke with a Boss at the factory. He told me that they still use only the best rovings and vinylester resins available to build the boats. He said they constantly check their many parts for outsourcing problems and use the best available hardware. 
He also told me that the 21 Redfisher is one of the best riding hulls they have developed.. He buzzed around on one in the Keys and suggested you water test one or catch a ride on a member’s boat to see and feel it ! 
I subscribe to this old-school mentality: Let the ride decide !!

I may take a Friday trip to the factory and see for myself.. 

Marc

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moderator said:

Hey Geev !  I spoke with a Boss at the factory. He told me that they still use only the best rovings and vinylester resins available to build the boats. He said they constantly check their many parts for outsourcing problems and use the best available hardware. 
He also told me that the 21 Redfisher is one of the best riding hulls they have developed.. He buzzed around on one in the Keys and suggested you water test one or catch a ride on a member’s boat to see and feel it ! 
I subscribe to this old-school mentality: Let the ride decide !!

I may take a Friday trip to the factory and see for myself.. 

Marc

Thank you Marc!  I love the lines of that boat!  Skip said, when it first came out, that the hull design had much of the same characteristics as the Maverick Master Angler - with even more deadrise in this New Hewes.  Good to know they are still built with All-VE resin!  I appreciate the info.