2024 16 REDFISHER JACKPLATE ????

THE OUTLAW

I wouldn't install one unless there is a specific need.  The New RF 16 is very well designed and balanced to run great without a JP.  JPs don't give you any more speed (sometimes less speed, more prop slip with a stock prop).  However, if I was going to add one, I'd install it myself after I took delivery, and my first choice would be this one: https://hullmarineproducts.com/shop/ols/products/hull-marine-products-nanojack

2nd choice would be a Bob's JP.  I wouldn't buy an Atlas JP.

• Like 1

I'll second the HMP jackplate, but there were some issues with the actuators and the owner/developer (a really good guy in NC) has been trying to source a more reliable producer for this component.  Don't think the new actuators are available yet.  Whatever you do, do not put an Atlas micro jacker on your boat.  

• Like 1

I have had, and continue to have jack plates on all of my mbg boats.  Some required nothing but a prop, some took a bunch of work. They can be a challenge to make the boat run right so if you don't have to, don't. It all depends on what you are going to do with it and where you fish. There is a bunch of bad information out there on how to make a boat run with a jackplate when the boat was not designed to have one so be careful where you spend your money.

Our current 18HPXhas been our biggest challenge. After almost a year of screwing around with props, wings and weight distribution she now runs flat, and square with no tabs unless there is a following sea.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Our current 18HPXhas been our biggest challenge. After almost a year of screwing around with props, wings and weight distribution she now runs flat, and square with no tabs unless there is a following sea.

With a 150 SHO on a jack plate, I can see that being quite a challenge.  Got a negative-trim wedge in that setup?