Afternoon all! It was finally my time to have a a rear seal on my EZ Loader oil hub go. I noticed it leaking while it was parked in the driveway luckily but I'm stuck learning how to replace my hubs/bearings etc. I have an EZ Loader trailer, that's been great for the past 5 years. I've had no issues with the oil-filled bearings and will be going with those again. Just ordered new complete hub assemblies to replace the old ones. My question is, EZ Loader does not provide for any directions on installing a new spindle wear sleeve. It's a pretty straight forward scenario, however, because they are oil-bath type hubs, the sleeve has a rubber o-ring that goes on the spindle first, sits inside a little groove on the spindle where the rear spindle sleeve will go over. EZ Loader states to add a small amount of silicone sealant before installing over the o-ring/sleeve. Should I do that on the outside of the o-ring only or on both sides? You can see what looks like red thread locker coming out of the end of the sleeve on the rust side.  

trailer.jpg

trailer2.jpg

Yea. trailer was built in 2018. I'm the second owner and can say that I've religiously hosed it down after every use. I was surprised to see that rust still got under the outer edge of the wear sleeve, even with the RTV sealant. Anyone know of any good replacement axle companies in Florida? EZ Loader quoted $1024 for a new one with oil bath hubs. Im fine going to grease hubs and not using EZ Loader if I can save some $$$$

One thing I would like to point out is why would a company make an axle that has a galvanized housing, mounts, stainless hardware but just paints the spindle arms! Researching online, most other axle companies galvanize theirs. On top of that, its' looking like there isn't a "bolt-in" option for the EZloader as most other axels have mounting brackets designed for u-bolting from the top; EZloader has 2 bolts going through the sides of the I-Beam. I want an axle that's easy to maintain and easy to replace if needed. 

Being OCD and always trying to think ahead and avoid failures on the boat or trailer that could keep me grounded (will always happen when the bite is on) I like to have certain spare parts on hand and know exactly how to install them. 

This thread made me realize I dont have any replacement wear sleeves nor was a I sure what type of wear sleeve my trailer had, so I reached out to the manufacturer to find out what type of system I had and instructions on how to remove and install.  I was sent a very informative sheet on the step by step process so passing it along for others to save for future use if it applies to your setup.... BTW my axles are Dexters

Spindle Wear Sleeve Replacement.pdf

Nice. I came across this via the Google too. After talking with the Dave down at EZLoader in Port St. Lucie, these are apparently reparable with cleaning/Emory cloth and new liners. I have new oil bath hubs/beer it’s/sleeves coming tmro and plan to install this weekend. I’ll post some photos of the work. Also, replaced my tires. They were basically new but figure they’d been on there for the past 5 years and couldn’t hurt since the rims were off anyway.