Maverick HPXT vs HPXS

BDann

I’m on the Texas coast, and looking to make a change from my HB Waterman Tunnel to a Maverick.  I have several friends who run the HPXT, and it will definitely go where my HB cannot.  I’ve seen some deals on the HPXS model, but have no experience with them.  Can someone tell me how they compare performance wise?  I’m assuming that the T will run more shallow due to the larger tunnel.

9 hours ago, BDann said:

an someone tell me how they compare performance wise?  I’m assuming that the T will run more shallow due to the larger tunnel.

I have fished on both he HPs-v and HPXT...

HPS in my opinion more "tippy" than the HPX-T....on the HPXT,I  could easily walk the gunnels and found it more stable than the HPX-s (and this was a V)....my buddy DonH has fished the HPX-S (no V) and he slid off when the guide and his buddy shifted weight and he flew off....we never had a problem with the HPX-T and no one every went overboard in several years of fishing....

Shallow....you don't get much skinnier :) HPX-t

DC

• Thanks 1

I had a S and sold it to a south texas guy a couple of years ago. He loves it and thinks it’s great for his fishery. I still get fish pictures from him. The S was our 3rd maverick but we did not ever have a T. Had a 15, 17 micro, S and now an 18. We did look at the T but decided on the S for better rough water performance, and storage. If you run open water the T is a tough ride because of the flat bottom. If you are a tournament guy the S is the boat. Pretty fast and can carry live redfish in its well for weighin and skinny. As Dino says it’s a little tippy.

If you have S questions, I will happily answer them for you.. Good luck with your search!