200 hour service

SeaSerpent123

The price depends on how thorough a service you want. 
The basic oil change & filter, lower unit oil change and pump impeller used to be 6-700 bucks. 
A full service will run 3-400 bucks more and is well worth it since you run way back in the rivers.. 

The prop should be removed and the spline greased with the magic sauce, battery terminals tightened and checked, cowl removed, salt washed off and proper corrosion spray. Thermostat removed, cleaned and tested with hot water, & gasket. Zincs checked and replaced. Steering and tilt greased, Fuel filter dumped out in a pickle jar to see if you paid 5 bucks a gallon for water, rust or caulking. And some other inspections and checks.

An excellent Yamaha shop is your best friend.  Not cheap, but the peace of mind and safety are worth it.

Prices have gone stupid everywhere, so the actual number is a dart throw these days. 

MM

• Like 2

If I’m remembering right last service kit I purchased oil, filter, all fuel filters, plugs, lower unit oil, prop shaft grease, new SS cotter pin it was almost 200, MM list on the service and inspection are spot on, all items from Yamaha/ Pathfinder dealer, Yamaha web site has good info on servicing your engine. Hope it helps 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:48 AM, Moderator said:

The price depends on how thorough a service you want. 
The basic oil change & filter, lower unit oil change and pump impeller used to be 6-700 bucks. 
A full service will run 3-400 bucks more and is well worth it since you run way back in the rivers.. 

The prop should be removed and the spline greased with the magic sauce, battery terminals tightened and checked, cowl removed, salt washed off and proper corrosion spray. Thermostat removed, cleaned and tested with hot water, & gasket. Zincs checked and replaced. Steering and tilt greased, Fuel filter dumped out in a pickle jar to see if you paid 5 bucks a gallon for water, rust or caulking. And some other inspections and checks.

An excellent Yamaha shop is your best friend.  Not cheap, but the peace of mind and safety are worth it.

Prices have gone stupid everywhere, so the actual number is a dart throw these days. 

MM

I hear you on getting it done.  I'm going to have Bob Hewes do it.  Just trying to prepare myself for the amount, that's all.  Your right though, going way in the back country and peace of mind is well worth it for me.