Flamingo lodge hotel stay and 3-day fishing

Hi folks my name is Benny for short. I’ve been fishing south Florida for 48 years. The last 20 plus years there’s been no hotel in Flamingo and finally, I was able to be one of the first to rent November 28 for two great nights. The restaurant was in the works and was opening soon as well.  My son and I and a couple of friends got out there in search of some Cobia but they completely    Avoided us the whole trip. We did find some snook action inshore including one keeper that was dinner,  along with many released and plenty of Mack’s out on the gulf side. Here’s some pics of our trip. Tight lines to all 

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1076.jpeg

Edited by Miamimuttonman
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 9:32 PM, Big Dave said:

There is parking under the units and a big parking lot out front, between the units and the park road.

I asked about the parking for boats and there is a lane you can pull in right across the lodge or across the street.  Only issue is no power to charge batteries for the trolling motor from what I hear.  Maybe someone can chime in if they found a outlet or not.

I bring a one hundred foot extension cord for places where I can park my boat reasonably close to my room - then snake the cord out a window and I'm in business...  Must admit though, that these days I'm rarely staying overnight anywhere - just commuting back and forth day in and day out (and clocking nearly 200 miles towing per day fished...).  Just one more "business expense" at the end of every year...