Any tripletail experts here?

FINCHASER

Im guessing when the wind picks up it may cause them to get off the surface at a certain point so curious if during rough conditions if the TT leave pots / markers or maybe just go down in the water column?  Once the seas start coming down are they back on the feed or does it take some time?  Any info on best baits to use if live shrimp not available?  TIA

I've seen TT right under the pod in calm and choppy seas, makes no difference.  Well the only difference is is slick conditions, you can see their little fins on top of the water.   Pull up slow so you don't spook them.  They will go down once spooked so I stay a casting distance away.   They are one my my favorite fish to catch and eat.  Best bait is shrimp by far.  live or dead on a popping cork.  Throw up current and let it drift to the pod and have fun.

• Like 1

I agree with seaserpent also.TT are there calm and windy seas.. I have had success with and without float/cork. Usually have 1 angler with and 1 without cork. Always get bait as close to fad/bouy as possible . Best baits are very large shrimp, cut in half. Or also squid has produced , I take both when available.  They can be easy to spook so stealth is the good. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

I will not divulge much on these critters as we have them dialed in pretty good , but the bigguns are not on the pots .

Oh , they are on the pots ! 🙄

Gulp will get em every time.

Its Sheephead season right now .

Can not wait for this vacation!!!

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

I know that spot. lol  The Mackerel are starting to show as well.  Can't wait to get some.