Seachest

BlazerAL

I've noticed water accumulating in the bilge of my '04 2200V and I believe I have narrowed it down to the seachest. Of course, the bunks for the trailer cover the seachest, so it will be a bit tricky to get to for inspection. Can anyone share any pictures or info of the actual detail of the thru hull penetration? I hope I can open the grate and line the pipe pen with some 4000 or 5200 (second choice) to eliminate the ingress. Thanks in advance..

On my 2005 PF 2000V, a screw came out of the grate covering the intake (bottom side of hull) allowing water to come in. replaced it with a larger size screw and no problems since then.

Tie off the back of your boat to a tree or other substantial object, let out 18 inches of slack in winch strap, pull trailer forward (to slide boat back a little on trailer), this will expose the grate covering water intake on bottom of boat so you can inspect it for missing screws.

Same thing happened to me. The front two screws came out and when I loaded the boat on the trailer the grate caught the bunk and bent backwards in half. I ended up removing the bent grate and brought it to a machine shop and they were able to straiten it back out.

I filled all the holes with waterproof caulking and reinserted larger screws. No problems since.

Archived