AGM or Gel batteries for house batteries for 22 Pathfinder

I have a 2013 Pathfinder 22 TRS.  I purchased the boat used and it came with two house batteries in the center console that are about 5 years old.  They are flooded batteries and I plan to replace them very soon.  Lithium batteries are too expensive.  I am looking at AGM and Gel batteries.  I am hoping to get some recommendations on which is better for 2 deep cycle house batteries to put in the center console of my boat  (AGM or Gel batteries)?  Any information would be appreciated.  

For Sure AGM's.  They are so much cleaner and last longer when charged correctly. 

I use Deka Intimidator's.  Not knowing what you currently have I would suspect a couple of Group 27's would work very well. 

If your near Ft. Lauderdale Deka has a public retail outlet on 4 ave.

flooded Interstate for house and starting battery....get a group 31..

Trolling motor..AGM's - DEKA's are reliable.....I get mine from batteries plus...under the brand name Duracell...Intertate from Boat Owner's warehouse......the Interstates have plenty of RC required for the larger 4 stroke engines.

DC

On 1/1/2024 at 6:46 PM, jh141 said:

If your near Ft. Lauderdale Deka has a public retail outlet on 4 ave.

good people.....I like Batteries plus these days as they are open on weekends and give you 100% guarantee (so does DEKA) but, easier to deal with.....same battery, different sticker ;)

dc

What you will notice is the longer the warranty the greater the cost. 

It almost seems like you have  a low set price for the battery and depending on the warranty the price goes up.

Duracell  AGM from Sam's is usually the best price/warranty combination. 

Sam’s Club Duracell AGM is without question the best value available.  I wish the warranty was longer than 18 months, but many people on BassBoatCentral report them going long and strong past 5 years.  It is a Deka battery with Duracell label.

• Thanks 1