Transferring spots and waypoints from Garmin to Lowrance

THE OUTLAW

The best way I have found to transfer waypoints and spots to a new machine is to save the spots and waypoints on the old machine in the GPX format and write the file to a removable SD card. Inserting the SD card in the new machine allow you to import the file in GPX format to the waypoints file on the new machine. 
This method has worked well for me on several occasions. 
if you don’t have your spots saved in GPX format load the spots on the old machine and save them on a new SD card using the GPX format. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reelhooked said:

The best way I have found to transfer waypoints and spots to a new machine is to save the spots and waypoints on the old machine in the GPX format and write the file to a removable SD card. Inserting the SD card in the new machine allow you to import the file in GPX format to the waypoints file on the new machine. 
This method has worked well for me on several occasions. 
if you don’t have your spots saved in GPX format load the spots on the old machine and save them on a new SD card using the GPX format. 
Good luck 

Don't sell your current GPS until you buy and install everything on your new Simrad or Lowrance (I'm assuming you'll buy one of these.

when you sell your old one, I"m assuming you'll clear all your tracks, etc.....

Agree with above....you'll need, BTW, a SD mini card for Simrad or Lowrance.

Check with your new machine on what is the correct size for the SD card (meaning memory)...some will not read large SD cards.

When you get card, you'll need as mentioned above, to export them...don't forget to export your tracks.

There are several posts on Youtube on how to do this step by step....

After you export it, insert the card to a computer via a SD Card reader (most computers have a large SD slot)...the mini SD fits inside the larger reader

and you can then copy it to hard drive and verify that it copied.

Good luck...you can always call me and I'll do it on my computer....can't promise a copy won't be left behind :)

DC

• Like 1

Although Not My words, This has been my exact experience.

Even though Lowrance said they accept the .GPX format, I could never get this to work. Instead, I used HomePort (Garmin software I believe) and converted their .ADM file to a .GPX file. I then used GPS Babel to transfer .GPX to .USR and uploaded the .USR file from the MicroSD card to my Lowrance.

Newer Garmin may be able to export as a .GPX

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jh141 said:

Although Not My words, This has been my exact experience.

Even though Lowrance said they accept the .GPX format, I could never get this to work. Instead, I used HomePort (Garmin software I believe) and converted their .ADM file to a .GPX file. I then used GPS Babel to transfer .GPX to .USR and uploaded the .USR file from the MicroSD card to my Lowrance.

Newer Garmin may be able to export as a .GPX

This is straight alien talk too me!

I am a good ol boy , who does not even own a computer.

Oh my ! ☹️

DINO !!!!!!!!!!!

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

This is straight alien talk too me!

I am a good ol boy , who does not even own a computer.

Oh my ! ☹️

DINO !!!!!!!!!!!

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

I see a whole new number of fishing points in my future :)

I promise I won't share....even with COTO or Capt Don ;)

Dc

• Like 2