Battery Pack Jumper

rubble

Wondering what the minimum requirement would be for a Battery or Power Pack Jumper would be for a Yamaha F150?  What is the min/max CCA required?  Looking to get a NOCO pack for my GoBox and want to have one that will start the Yami if I'm ever in some kind of Pickle as a backup to the backup's backup.  

Currently have a 36v system and cranking battery (4 bank setup) with Stealth AC & DC chargers and have the Battery Switch setup to crank off of the Battery 2 setup if needed.  Again, just backup for the backup.  

May be best to get one that will start a 350 or 400 just in case I need to help a brother out.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, rubble said:

Wondering what the minimum requirement would be for a Battery or Power Pack Jumper would be for a Yamaha F150?  What is the min/max CCA required?  Looking to get a NOCO pack for my GoBox and want to have one that will start the Yami if I'm ever in some kind of Pickle as a backup to the backup's backup.  

Currently have a 36v system and cranking battery (4 bank setup) with Stealth AC & DC chargers and have the Battery Switch setup to crank off of the Battery 2 setup if needed.  Again, just backup for the backup.  

May be best to get one that will start a 350 or 400 just in case I need to help a brother out.

Thoughts?

with a 1/2 all switch....don't really see the need especially with a stealth charger....a good set of jumper cables for $25 should give you the jump you need off any of the 36V batteries if your 1/2 all doesn't work.

dc

What I found out recently, when my main battery died on the water, was that even if I had been able to jump it with cables or a battery pack, was that the motor (200 sho) needs a good battery to run the computers. My 22 TRS is rigged from the factory so I can jump it with the trolling motor battery. In this instance starting up worked fine but when I tried to switch back to main battery 1 motor immediately died because he battery was totally discharged. I just kept it on the 2 setting and all was well until I got back. 

I get it.  For starting purposes there’s not much better way to rig the boat than it is having the on board charging and the option to crank off of Batter 2.  Plus, brand new batteries that haven’t been on the water yet but next trip is several days/nights in the Glades.  Nothing to plug into.  If the onboard charging system were to fail or there is some other failure that keeps me from being able to jump between batteries (yes, i forgot to mention I have jumper cables on board, too), I’d be an idiot not to have a battery pack on board.  With backup rods, backup lures, backup pumps, backup comms, backup fuel, backup glasses, backup rations, backup medical, etc., a last resort starting device makes sense to me.  

AVAPOW Jump Starter Car Battery 2500A Peak,Portable Jump Starters for Up to 8L Gas 8L Diesel Engine with Booster Function,Wireless Charging Design,12V Lithium Jump Pack with Smart Safety Clamp, IP65 https://a.co/d/7yAimIy

this is the one I carry. I’ve started all kinds of things and It’s never let me down.  They have a 4000A version as well.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

AVAPOW Jump Starter Car Battery 2500A Peak,Portable Jump Starters for Up to 8L Gas 8L Diesel Engine with Booster Function,Wireless Charging Design,12V Lithium Jump Pack with Smart Safety Clamp, IP65 https://a.co/d/7yAimIy

this is the one I carry. I’ve started all kinds of things and It’s never let me down.  They have a 4000A version as well.  

That’s awesome, Lap!  Appreciate that little nugget!!!   I was looking at the NOCO GBX155 to use in my Cummins 6.7 but they are $369.00.  Planned on just putting in my GoBag and packing with me when on the boat.  For the price of the AVAPOWs, I can purchase several of the 4K versions for that price and have dedicated packs in different vehicles which will free up space/weight in the GoBag.  Have a PowerStroke, Duramax and a Sprinter Van diesels and all could use the larger packs. U da Man!  Thanks again.

I Started my V6 TDI diesel in my SUV with a Bokic jump starter with no issues. I think it was less than $100 bucks.  I don't go anywhere without it, boat ,car, what ever .  I do fish in the Everglades,so you have to be prepared.  Saved my bacon several times.

3 hours ago, rubble said:

That’s awesome, Lap!  Appreciate that little nugget!!!   I was looking at the NOCO GBX155 to use in my Cummins 6.7 but they are $369.00.  Planned on just putting in my GoBag and packing with me when on the boat.  For the price of the AVAPOWs, I can purchase several of the 4K versions for that price and have dedicated packs in different vehicles which will free up space/weight in the GoBag.  Have a PowerStroke, Duramax and a Sprinter Van diesels and all could use the larger packs. U da Man!  Thanks again.

I have the 2500A and have jumped 4,6,8, and 10 cylinder gas motors with it. Also several jumps between charges. I’d imagine the 4ka would handle a diesel no problem.  Glad to help.  

I carry this one in my Maverick HPXV 18 with a Yamaha 150 SHO….. 

Plenty of power to jump the 150 and anything someone owns that flags me down. I have a PowerPole Charge system but I can’t use the emergency start feature with my set up. Better to be safe than sorry out there….

IMG_3179.jpeg

IMG_3178.jpeg