Gas tank replacement pics

Mangroovin

You’ll be back on the water soon enough.  Clean work.  Shop in Naples? Progress Avenue by chance?

So far a rainy and mild winter for SW Florida. I’m hoping this is going to be an exceptional spring. You are just in time Mangroovin. 

looks very nice. I am guessing the whole floor has fresh Gel coat and textured non skid? One more question, What did you coat the tank with. Sorry for all the questions but with a project boat in the works I love the details of others work. 

20 hours ago, SW Skif said:

You’ll be back on the water soon enough.  Clean work.  Shop in Naples? Progress Avenue by chance?

So far a rainy and mild winter for SW Florida. I’m hoping this is going to be an exceptional spring. You are just in time Mangroovin. 

Thanks!

Yes on Progress Ave

On 1/17/2024 at 7:47 PM, HoneyB said:

looks very nice. I am guessing the whole floor has fresh Gel coat and textured non skid? One more question, What did you coat the tank with. Sorry for all the questions but with a project boat in the works I love the details of others work. 

Hey Wayne!  Tank was coated with epoxy which should add to its lifespan.  Also was built with 3/16" aluminum instead of the 1/8" that the original was.  All good stuff.  Should out live me......unless I figure out a way to live to about 110.😁

• Like 1

Just now, Mangroovin said:

Hey Wayne!  Tank was coated with epoxy which should add to its lifespan.  Also was built with 3/16" aluminum instead of the 1/8" that the original was.  All good stuff.  Should out live me......unless I figure out a way to live to about 110.😁

Oops forgot to answer - yes the non skid is extremely close, if not identical to the original.  They did a great job.😎

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 2:36 PM, fords4x4 said:

The new tank looks great and the shop did an amazing job. If you don't mind me asking how much did the job run you from start to finish?

would love a rough idea too, pm is fine if dont want to share publicly.

On 4/21/2024 at 6:24 AM, Jim-nashville said:

Why did you decide to replace your tank?

Was it leaking?

Yes.  Caught it as soon as it leaked fortunately.  Could have been real trouble.

On 4/21/2024 at 6:24 AM, Jim-nashville said:

Why did you decide to replace your tank?

Was it leaking?