Bob Lemay's JIG's CATCH FISH :)

Haven't been on the water for quite a while....I met up with Bob and picked up an order of jigs...

Forum Member COTO and I hadn't fished in a Dog's age and we found a window to fish out of Chokoloskee...

Hit the water at 0715 and began the day out front up in the bights while we still had water....it was a slow outgoing tide and the water was super dirty.

Second cast with a Bob Lemay jig and found a nice little trout....tipped with shrimp as he instructed....and a few casts later...found a nice little red....released everyone during the day except for a nice 16" trout which went home to my neighbor for dinner....COTO hit that one on DOA shrimp.....

Kept fishing and we hit about 20 trout between the two of us....no snook or more reds...about noon the tide had moved out after we went around Storter Bay and we decided to head to the back...it was a bit too skinny for the BEAST HPS 23....we really couldn't fish the oyster bars like we normally do and the north east wind kept pushing out the tide...water in the back dirty as well....

We packed it in and ran home.....ran the Lopez and the bars were fully exposed which gave us a nice PUCKER as we made the sharp right at the "T" and headed back home.....Loading the BEAST on a low tide at Chokoloskee was a bit of a challenge, but, she came right on....

A few pics....overall great day......

DC

jigtrout.thumb.jpg.307769f26804c5de29476d88a2e60257.jpg

jigred.thumb.jpg.c946871a8eca526ba18be1c6ee7b706e.jpg

• Like 3

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Bob Lemay's JIG's CATCH FISH :)
On 1/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, Toeknee217 said:

Nice catch!

I reached out to Capt. Lemay last week based off a post of yours to place an order. Can't wait to give them a try!

Yeah, he told me he had a few orders coming in...I ordered another 20 of the 1/8 oz....HOPE FOR COLD RAINY WEATHER....that's when he makes them (LOL)...

DC

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:04 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Yeah, he told me he had a few orders coming in...I ordered another 20 of the 1/8 oz....HOPE FOR COLD RAINY WEATHER....that's when he makes them (LOL)...

DC

Haha I picked up my order today! Got a small assortment to start. Couple 1/4 oz, some skimmer jigs and also 2 pilchard jigs to use offshore for dolphin.  Can’t wait to try them!