Feedback Appreciated - Considering 2200

ssramage

A PF 2200 has been on my list of wants for a while and I think I'm close to pulling it together this Spring. Ideally I'd like a little feedback from the group on if this boat will (really) fit my needs and what models/years to focus on.

Live in Southeast GA - focus will primarily be on inshore/nearshore fishing, running to GA barrier islands for beach days, and occassional lake trips

Family of 5 - my wife and 3 kids (sons ages 10/6, daughter age 5)

Budget $30k

I've fished out of a 2200 several times and have always thought it was the perfect boat for down here, but never really thought about it with family/kids in mind. What's the general thoughts? A typical day would be me and my boys fishing in the am, then cruising/beach hopping with the full family later. 

Given my budget. I'm probably looking at early-mid 2000s hulls. Any years preferred over others? Any to avoid?

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

I have had  a PF 22 for the last 12 years and it’s a fine boat for South Georgia. You can fish the creeks, rivers and out front , just pick your days accordingly …. We shark tooth hunt, fish for redfish, trout, tripletail, etc… mine was a family of four…kids are grown now and out…but often I have four adults and couple of grandkids in the boat on fun trips. 

IMG_6304.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m not in GA but I have 3 kids ranging in age from 10-16. Although sports has taken over life, when we do get on our older 22v it works just fine. I have a removable backrest installed on the back deck which helps. I’m sure everyone would love a fancier boat with more seats and things but she’s paid for and works. 

• Like 1

Love my 03 2200v. Handles anything you throw at it. Great fishing and family platform. Had for 13 years. Sold a year ago. 02 was when they changed the deck layout so go 02 on up. With your budget I feel 02-05 would get you a great sled. Nothing wron with a 150hp. Runs low 40’s, 200 will get you about 52 mph. The vmax hpdi is a great combo.

IMG_0470.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I run a 2200trs. It is a great size boat. we boat around the intercostal waters around savannah. I have been to some near shore reefs on good days. It is a good size to drop the trolling motor and fish for trout and reds in the rivers. Just an around great boat. I will also take the opportunity to shamelessly post a pic of my sled

67856764474__991BD311-C8AA-4E45-9027-1BECBCB86534.fullsizerender.jpeg

Beautiful rig 👍🎣

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. A 2200 has been THE boat I've wanted for probably the last 10 years. Glad to hear my internal wants actually match up to my real world needs pretty well. Hoping to have one in time for Spring fishing!

• Like 1