Pathfinder 2400 TRS fish box hack

Hello!  I am about to take possession of my "new to me" 2016 Pathfinder 2400 TRS and have a couple of questions...

1) Anyone on here ever use the forward step-up storage compartment as a fish box?  It has a drain to the bilge, but the 2016 doesn't have the macerator that the newer Pathfinders have (I think they have?).  I do not think it is insulated either, but a few bags of ice should make it work.

2) If I use the forward compartment as a fish box and get rid of the under seat Engel cooler, I am thinking of adding a 3rd-party "tackle station" under the seat with pullout trays, drawers, etc.  Anyone ever added one of those after market?  Not just for Pathy's, but for any type of boat.

The reasoning here is to be able to take it offshore on days that I am able to.  A decent State-snapper run with 4 person limits would quickly overload the Engel cooler that is meant to be the "fish box".

Thanks all!

We have used the step up box on occasion. It will hold ice fairly well. I have a 65qrt mounted there for most trips. Kids use as a seat cutting board and casting platform. Much easier to snatch a cooler off and wash fish stuff out. Our boat has the tackle station under the seat from the factory. Love that option

20488262-70F5-49F7-853C-23E1D213CBB5.jpeg

20 hours ago, Hankster713 said:

The reasoning here is to be able to take it offshore on days that I am able to.  A decent State-snapper run with 4 person limits would quickly overload the Engel cooler that is meant to be the "fish box".

A large kill bag will work as well....soft sided and hold ice great...lots of varieties on the WEB.

I carry a large kill bag for dolphin fishing in the summer and another one for all my chum when yellow tailing.

DC

Depending on how many fish I plan to kill and do I have live bait, then  I chose which compartment I want to use.  

port side stern locker - normally for trout, redfish or triple tail 

center baitwell - 4-6 red snapper or grouper

forward step - 8-16 red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, cobia

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

Depending on how many fish I plan to kill and do I have live bait, then  I chose which compartment I want to use.  

port side stern locker - normally for trout, redfish or triple tail 

center baitwell - 4-6 red snapper or grouper

forward step - 8-16 red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, cobia

Yummy on the front step :)

DC