94’ hewes redfisher cracking along strake

Drewb8

Hello, I have a 94 hewes redfisher that I sadly just finished refitting completely with new electronics, new trolling motor, tons of gelcoat touch up on the topside, seadeck, engine repaint, new console, audio system, and a full rewire.

Recently my trailer bunks failed and caused minor gelcoat damage so I had the boat blocked and replaced the axle, bunks, and bunk supports.

NOW, that everything is finished I found a very concerning crack along my 2nd strake on the starboard side and I’m devastated to say the least, this boat was my grandfathers and It means the world to me so selling is absolutely out of the picture.

Ill attach some photos but I’m looking for advice on where to go from here, I’d like to just do an external patch if possible atleast to get my time out of all my new bells and whistles and down the line when I pull the cap to replace the tank I’ll fix it correctly. Is that an option here?

https://imgur.com/a/9EiVkTK

Man I’m sorry to hear that.  That looks like a stringer might have busted loose. Happened to one of my friends bonefisher 16 and looked similar. I’d have a professional take a look because it will need to be repaired from inside and outside the hull for it not to come back. 

I’m not trying to be a downer but IMO this bunk failure is not a localized impact. The impact was spread length wise to the stringers judging by the cracks and how long they are.  The video shows it’s a very long crack. Although there’s no wood in this boat there’s  obviously  water getting into the stringer coring based on the color seeping out. It will get worse the more you use it as is. I suspect bc of the location (right below stringer) and length wise cracks that it will come right back bc the stringer is compromised. Needs to be fixed from the outside and inside.