First Day Using NEW Minn Kota Instinct - Self Deploy

Wanaflatsfish

After my installation adventure....I ended up using the Instinct on a charter with client in Flamingo.

First reaction (s)

1.) It took me about 10 min to figure out the remote...it's a bit tricky, but, once you figure out that you have to hit one extra button before an action...it became second nature

2.) runs quickly and is very quiet.....as well,  it appeared to me to have greater power ??? Don't know.

3.) it does have a huge footprint on the bow....but, I think the extra weight, actually helped a bit in the running of the HPS....I did have both the new MK  and my bow platform that I put on for my friend and client to sit on when casting....

Here are few pics......and video. (note, the video appears to be pretty large and it might take a few tries to run fully) - it did go up and down smoothly...the video makes it look like it stops and stops

MKremote.thumb.jpg.45a9f83e3729d7dada9401e8628a758f.jpg

.MKonbow.thumb.jpg.732bcdc777d40c2e80e64e545752f1ee.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, linesider 159 said:

How much quieter is it when in the water and trolling along?

It has a brushless motor like the MOVE and GARMIN....so, it appears to be very quiet..you hear a slight wooooorrrrrrr....in terms of deploying, because of the integrated system, you don't hear the creaking of the housing motor when it engages....

My wife asked how was the new Trolling motor on my way home....I told her GREAT, worked perfectly.......Her response, "Well it better for $5K !!! "   that kinda sums it :)

DC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator changed the title to First Day Using NEW Minn Kota Instinct - Self Deploy