Finally made it back out guys and it was beautiful out.  A little cold in the morning at 53 degrees but it was like having A/C all day out there.  Shrimp are nice a big again at the bait store and there was a ton of boats heading out.  We launched at 7:15 a.m. and headed to a black drum spot I have.  Water temp was 65 degree by the way. I wanted to fish a point but to no surprise, a boat was already there and it was sad that the person blew the spot as he was WAY too close to shore.  Another 5 minutes and we were fishing.  We caught 3 black drum, only keeping the smallest 1 and releasing the rest. All this happened in 20 minutes and then my dad hooked another one that was eaten by a spinner shark.  Coolest shark as he gave us a show with 4 jumps.  After a short fight and breaking off, I saw Capt. Nestor coming up who taught me about this spot.  I waved him over and told him they are here so he proceded to slide into position.  I told my dad I was going to give him the courtesy and leave since he had paying customers and he also taught and showed me the spot.  Capt Nester ended up with 2 really nice black drum before moving on so I was happy it worked out.    Oh, water was pretty clear as well.

I was going to run to a wreck and I probably should have but it was a long run knowing I wanted to hot the mackerel so to the mackerel area we go.  Ended up with 7 and ofcourse a few cut offs.  I had one sky on a lure next to the boat which was awesome as I saw his mouth open and all. Pretty cool and also fun fishing.  Smoked dip will be coming to a home real soon. lol

I then wanted to catch some trout but I just couldn't find them.  Tried a few grass flats in the 3-4 foot range and nobody was home.  We ended up calling it for a early day as I wanted to show my dad the new Guy Bradley visitor center and also the lodge.

Over all, a great trip with dad.

• Like 1