Livewell pump with weak flow

Whiskeytrain

I have a 2000 hewes bayfisher I’ve owned for almost 10 years and have never had to replace the livewell pump. Recently, I’ve been fishing Lake Okeechobee and the pump seems to have a very weak flow of water being pumped into the well. It will also take a little bit for the water to start pumping. I’ve had zero issues in the past and am trying to figure out the issue. Is there possibly sediment in the filter to rinse out? Any tips would be appreciated. 

Yes I know it looks hideous and plan on doing a full rewire in the future. 

Thanks for any help

IMG_3001.png

IMG_2976.jpeg

Well it would be simple enough to screw off the cartridge and clean it up. I would start there your video sure sounds like the pump is starving for supply water. If the suction was flooded I would think it run much more quietly.
 While you have the strainer off try to flush from the well back through the pump.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Well it would be simple enough to screw off the cartridge and clean it up. I would start there your video sure sounds like the pump is starving for supply water. If the suction was flooded I would think it run much more quietly.
 While you have the strainer off try to flush from the well back through the pump.   

Thanks. Yeah the video was from the boat on the trailer just to show the pump running. I forgot to take a video while on the water

Take the livewell cartridge off and run it and see how it sounds well not in the housing. If it seems smooth and powerful might have a clog somewhere otherwise the cartridges do go bad eventually, ive replaced mine recently on my 2001 redfisher.