Trailer Inspection, Cudo’s to Ameratrail

George Seither

Checking trailers, small boat no issues, jacked up 2300 trailer no issues until inspection of brakes, caliber drag marks on right rear rotor fromIMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1791513efcf21242c617d2898791cae3.jpegIMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.f9bb9caa7c24e374615d0f16640f385e.jpegIMG_2366.thumb.jpeg.93f51bdb96a9be8acc5518061259e4da.jpeg caliber, front guide pin gone, temp fix 7/16 fine thread bolt for now, called Ameratrail looking to purchase the guide pins, parts ship today asked what I owe and zero was the reply, offered again to purchase no was the answer! Bleed brakes to get fresh fluid in the system , all remaining caliper guide pins tight!

• Like 1

I also had a great customer service experience with Ameratrail a few months ago. I brought my trailer to them (with my boat on the trailer) to replace both torsion axles and brakes. Regarding the brakes, they could have easily told me I needed new rotors and calipers, but they said the calipers were still in good shape. So, the overall cost was less than I expected, and when I picked up the boat/trailer they had also put on some new non-skid on the steps fore and aft of the fenders. Super nice guys to work with.