Need Help with Acrylic Grate in Livewell

BobbyV

My Maverick 18 HPX-V has never had the acrylic grate at the rear of the live well where the water enters the stand-pipe drain.  Tried to buy one from MBG but it was $141.00 which is way overpriced for a small piece of drilled acrylic. 

lf anyone has this clear acrylic grate in their live well I sure would like to see a picture of it so that I could see the hole pattern and make my own.

Thanks and tight lines

In my 2500 Hybrid I used the acrylic divider when I first got the boat delivered, but quickly got tired of cleaning the stand pipe from "stuck" small white bait we get on the gulf side. The divider works well when the boat is at rest, but when running the bait sloshes over the divider. After researching possible solutions I came across Clearview Baitwell filters. I initially purchased one and it fit perfectly in the recess for the standpipe in the 2500 hybrid. I ended up purchasing an additional filter for my release well as well. It fully cured my clogged standpipe issues. Can highly recommend this solution.

https://clearviewbaitwellfilters.com/  

• Like 3

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply...Headhunter those pics are perfect, and Reelhooked that Clearview filter looks like a clever alternative...really appreciate the help!

With this rainy morning I opted to grab some dinner off my dock instead of from the boat.

IMG_4672.thumb.jpeg.4248f9b65583979806c01285ca012f15.jpeg

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.7eaeb841497d40120509a5ee89b4a195.jpeg

• Like 1