2016 18' Redfisher Seat Issue

Davej

I know this has probably been asked before, but has anyone come up with a good fix for these style of seats on my 2016 Redfisher? I love my boat in everyway except this design for the seat. The snaps keep tearing out. I just a poor design in everyway. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Davej

Seat 1.jpg

Seat 2.jpg

Seat 3.jpg

Seat 4.jpg

I think the best "Fix" would be to have a canvas guy sew a piece of piping on the mounting tab and mount a rail that the piping slides into. the cushion  would slide in from one side to the other on the front. This will  replace the need for the snaps on the flap where you have them now. That is how the ones on my project boat was made. I can get some pictures of the parts this week if it would help make more sense. 

6 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I think the best "Fix" would be to have a canvas guy sew a piece of piping on the mounting tab and mount a rail that the piping slides into. the cushion  would slide in from one side to the other on the front. This will  replace the need for the snaps on the flap where you have them now. That is how the ones on my project boat was made. I can get some pictures of the parts this week if it would help make more sense. 

that's how the older ones were designed if I"m not mistaken....my MA17 1995 had this option....

dc

I agree, snaps *** for the most part. Piping would be my preferred, I had it on my old Redfisher. The twist lock with the oval holes is what I have on my Maverick HPX and it works well also. But being you have to mount it on the bulkhead instead of under a lip I'd go with the piping. Easy on/off and secure.

I think you already have a good idea of the track and piping solution but I took pics of the stuff I took off my maverick project fer ya. This is actually the track for the short cushion slid on the longer cushion. This boat had split cushions for the split hatches. I just slid the track on the piping for the pic. 

IMG_0338.jpeg

IMG_0339.jpeg