Holes on deck

Franko

Hey all! 
got a 2002 2200v pathfinder. Infront of the console there are 4 holes, 3 of which have a cooler tie down and one where the tie down got lost.. holes are about an inch and a half in diameter. Anyone have any suggestions on how to cover them? I can glass them in but I wouldn’t be able to match color or nonskid.. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quick and easy solution is LocTite Marine Epoxy.  Available at Lowes.

I used it years ago to close the four holes left when I removed the cooler hold downs in front of the console on my 2200 TRS. Did not color match perfect but was very easy to apply and sand smooth. Took two applications to make the holes perfectly flat. Has lasted for years.

loctite-marine-epoxy-25ml-card.webp

Pull the pvc pieces out.  I used a dremel and the just twisted and pulled out the pieces.  Taper the edges back at least a quarter inch or the repair will just pop through.  Epoxy in foam plugs about 1/4” below the surface.  Once dry, either fill with the epoxy suggested or build up with a filler and then gelcoat. 

2 hours ago, Tails Up said:

Pull the pvc pieces out.  I used a dremel and the just twisted and pulled out the pieces.  Taper the edges back at least a quarter inch or the repair will just pop through.  Epoxy in foam plugs about 1/4” below the surface.  Once dry, either fill with the epoxy suggested or build up with a filler and then gelcoat. 

I agree, there is a gel paste that comes in a small tube that is almost a perfect color match.