Hot Spots around Islamorada and Key Largo (non-fishing)

rubble

Have spent some time in the area over the last couple of years.  Learning all of the local spots to eat.  Thought I’d pass along some favorites.

Chef Michaels.  Outstanding food.  A little more formal if there is such a thing in the Keys.  Anything Hogfish for the win.  Perfect special date night.

Green Turtle.  Haven’t had a bad meal there.  It’s a little on the nicer side but anyone will fit in with decent casual attire.  Shrimp and Grits are fantastic.  Their Fish specials are typically outstanding.  

Square Grouper.  Have been here a couple of times.  Located in a marina so about any attire goes but it is a little more upscale.  Always have great food here.

Bayside Gourmet.  Hole in the wall Italian but everything on the menu is great.  Some of the best lasagna I’ve had anywhere.  Pizza is good.  Beer is cold.  Great service.  This is one of my go to spots for consistent results.  

Tacos Jalisco (food truck).  Located next to brewing company and down by Key Largo Chocolates.  Love the street tacos.  Particularly their “Special.”  The Salsa is also super fresh.  

C&C Pizza.  Wish I could try everything on the menu.  Pizza is top shelf.  Other menu offerings look fantastic.  Service is great.  Beer is cold.  Wish it was closer to where we stay.  

Mangrove Mike’s.  Great traditional Breakfast spot.  They have a few of their own specialties and Keys specific items.  Service is great.  Definitely a repeat offender for me.  

Made 2 Order.  Hidden Gem.  Mostly a Breakfast/Lunch spot.  If you walk in you’ll not be impressed but the food is on point.  They have dining out back on the water which changes the game.  Wish it were closer to my hangout as well.  Would probably be a regular there.  Can boat to it via Tavernier Creek.  

Oceanview Pub.  Most people know about “The OV.”  It’s a Pub.  Nothing special but fills that Pub itch.  Great place to wind down or watch a game.  Can boat in and grab a bite.  Dine in or out.  Great service.

City Hall Cafe.  Nice little spot for Italian comfort food.  Great service and wine selection. 

Wahoo’s.  Above average food for a typical tourist spot.  Views are great.  

Habano’s On The Creek.  Tight quarters.  Great Cuban food.  Can be reached by water via Tavernier Creek.  They have another location near Caloosa Cove.  

Hope these come in handy for someone.  I know there are some other great spots in the area.  Feel free to share if you have a go-to spot.  

• Like 1