Bow Front Step For Launching

A lot of the bass guys have them, they are used heavily constantly because they get in and out of the boats for tournaments when they are setting up.  I would think for us older guys it would be nice......So far I don't see a need for it....yet....😜

5 hours ago, George Seither said:

Look good same concern is salt water effect, they did state they offer galvanized. I still climb in on the fenders. 

I have to launch at some low tides in Chokoloskee and would like something a bit safer than jumping on the trailer tongue and flipping over the bow....

At home, I just jump the fenders....

Saltwater doesn't bother me too much....I use a DEWALT 2 gallon sprayer filled with SALTAWAY and I spray the entire trailer every time I put in the water....when I take it out of the ramp, I spray the brakes and anything that enters salt....this is before I head out....when I come back from the day, I spray again....so far, after a 1.5 years, the brakes and axels look like new...

Dc

guide friend has this, option with Skeeter boat.  After watching him launch and retrieve at ramp, I was favorably impressed.  Got to be easier than climbing over my trolling motor!   As posted, a couple companies build, also search o line and see a lot of DIY versions.  

On 3/13/2024 at 6:42 AM, Moderator said:

In that first photo, Dino..

I think the crown of a ramp would scrape off that first step.. It is in just the wrong spot.. 

MM

Yep, need to be sure it's got enough clearance.....

I have some time on this project.....so, working different ideas.

DC