21' Master Angler shallow water anchor install

Looking to put dual power poles or raptors on a 2002 MA.  Anyone out there done it before?  Looking for ideas on how to mount the pumps.  If anyone has any pictures to share I sure would appreciate it.  Engine is on a jack plate so the external mounts should be easy.  

Many thanks in advance!

When I purchased my MA used it had one PP and the pump was located in the console. When I purchased a second PP for the boat the installer mounted it in the bilge, high enough off the bottom so that if I ever had enough water in the bilge to reach the pump, the PP pump would be the least of my worries. I like this set-up. I have seen the pumps installed in the big hatch that you sit on, and don't like that. I keep that hatch very clean and will place my seat cushions and other dry items in that hatch between trips. At least the pump I have in my console leaks ever so slightly and I wouldn't want that being mixed with my cushions, towels, and other clothing that I stick in that hatch. During my process of purchasing this boat I looked at a few others. One had a PP pump in that hatch and it was just nasty from all the fluid that had accumulated on the floor of the hatch over time, but that was just one of many signs that the boat had been poorly maintained. Let me know if you want a couple photos. I can post them this weekend. 

On 3/13/2024 at 9:21 AM, George Seither said:

Brackets make it much easier 

Agreed.....but, take a look on the mounting....depending on the JP, you might need to take off the entire power unit (engine).

It's pretty straight forward to mount on the stern...you just need to cut an access panel on each side to access the bolts...

Mounting the pumps ?  I'd put them where you have easy access...on my MA 17, I kept them in the stern rigging compartment....or you can put it under the seat...having to pull the hydraulic lines from the stern to center console you can get your self into trouble if you get a kink....if the install is correctly done, there is no reason why the area around the pumps cannot be kept oil free....as well, something to consider, if you have a problem, meaning it jams or the pump goes out and you can't bring it back up, you need access to the hydraulic lines to take them off to release the pressure and then pull up the PP's.....(ask me how I know this :) )

Some thoughts from my experience....

dc