Best steering system for narrow splashwell?

Drewb8

So I’m replacing the steering arm on my 07 suzuki and really wanted to upgrade from the god awful 10 year old mechanical system that was installed before. (I think it was teleflex) I junked the whole steering system, cable helm and all. I bought a baystar kit and when I installed it I realized the nuts on the side hit the edge of my splashwell…

I’ve called Uflex, seastar, and baystar. Everyone said i have no choice but to do a splashwell mount (really don’t like the look of it), power assisted mechanic steering (extremely expensive), or stay with the mechanical.

The loss of trim wouldn’t be too big of a deal but I can’t take my cowling off my engine without raising the engine full trim thanks to the poling platform.

The engine is a 115 suzuki, prop is a 4 blade and the old system had an insane amount of feedback. I’m planning to do a no feedback helm but what’s the best cable system money can buy these days, and does anyone run a mechanical system on a 115 that can chime in with their experience?