Electrical issue - VHF Interference

rubble

When I first got everything rigged with my Pathy, I ran all accessories (AM/FM Radio, VHF, GPS/Finder) through a Blue Seas fuse panel.  Everything I’d key up the VHF, I would loose power on the GPS and have to repower and would temporarily lose power on the radio.  On the advice of a forum post, I moved the GPS power directly to battery through the battery switch and had no more issues with the GPS powering off when keying up the VHF.  Still had issues with the radio.  Last trip out the radio died after keying up the VHF.  Checked wiring and changed fuse but no luck.  Was wanting to replace that old CMD4 anyway so I’m getting a new Fusion head unit.  Looking for suggestions on how to avoid that issue going forward?   Should I run the VHF direct to the battery through the switch and leave the other electronics on the fuse panel?  Run everything through the battery switch with inline fuses?  Anyone have similar issues?  

41 minutes ago, FINCHASER said:

Definitely sounds like a voltage drop issue which could be the wire feeding the fuse panel is under size... what size is it now ?  How long is it?  Where is it connected to (tapping power)?

Not sure about size and length but that could definitely be the issue.  Boat is in FL and I’m in KY.  Will know in a few days.  

• Like 1