Garmin Satellite Sirus Puck

Anyone running this on their boats....

I have it on  my SIMRAD but, with the FMT, it seems to not work well ?  Maybe it's something I need to call tech support?    And, I was curious how it runs better on the GARMIN...it's not cheap - $800 +, but, seems to be a better system?

DC

7 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

I have Sirius weather on my Simrad.  It works great, I have the puck mounted on top of my console.

What Puck are you using...is it the same as the Lowrance puck...I had the Lowrance Elite 12 Inch and I did not like how it displayed.....and I have the Sirus system....haven't been on the water lately due to other activities so, can you advise how to set it up? or is there a Youtube on it?

I have a SIMRAD EVO 3

DC

I use the Sirius WM-4 puck.  You can see it to the left of my compass.

Once you install it, you need to call Sirius to send your system a wake-up call.  Before you call Sirius, the boat has to be out in the open to receive the satellite signal.

6 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

I use the Sirius WM-4 puck.  You can see it to the left of my compass.

Once you install it, you need to call Sirius to send your system a wake-up call.  Before you call Sirius, the boat has to be out in the open to receive the satellite signal.

tks

I have it on my HPS...I just bought the EVO3 at a great deal at WM a while back..I just have not had a chance to fiddle with it...maybe I'll jump in the boat today and see what I can do....

I have the WM-4 puck.

dc