Deck drain seems clogged on 2000v

sscoville

I recently bought a 2011 2000v and the starboard deck drain drains extremely slowly when I’m cleaning the boat on the trailer. I’ve tried forcing water and air through it but it hasn’t helped. I’m guessing there’s a check valve in line in the bilge. This appears to have the origami set up and has not been switched to the ball valve scuppers. 

I imagine removing the check valve will for inspection will be a real challenge. 

Before you take it apart, try this: 

Tilt the bow up and have a hose to add water to the deck. Get a wet vac with a ground plug.. add water to the deck and use the wet vac to pull the water thru the valve.  If you start with a clean vac tank, you can see all the crud that blocks the water flow.. I usually get a tiny phillips and take off the flapper on the transom first. Dont drop the little screw !

Be careful with the power cord/hose.. 

I am always surprised at what gets in those drains: mono knot cutoffs, hair, dead lizards, sand in the convoluted hose.. etc.

MM

• Like 1

For some strange reason the suction  works better than flushing. 

A little tip. Put a rag over the drain and get a good amount of water pooled in the boat first. 

Make sure the suction fits real tight.

Then cut it on and remove the rag 

You want a large volume to flush things out