2005 2300DV new to me and 1 year later....

ok here's my 2005 2300DV i picked up almost a year ago...  long story short it's an old FWC boat that they ran for 11 years... still has the asset tags on the boat trailer and engines... it was repowered in ~2015 with F200XB I4's and 17 pitch props.... I believe these replaced the original 200 HPDI's though I haven't been able to confirm yet... It was in very good shape for a 20 year old boat... it had 680 hours on the engines and all the electronics in the photos.... 

I ran it for a few months and it was ready for its 100 hour...  it was a rocket with 17 pitch props and would tag 58-59 MPH at 6200 RPM... however the motors were set too deep.  I put seastar Xstream  4" set back jack plates on it  had a set of 19 pitch props re-cupped and balanced... the rpms came back to 5800 or so and the jack plates let me get the engines up 2-2 3/4" at cruise. Totally different boat. yeah I lost 4-5 MPH on top but its still fast enough and with the twins its like hold on outta the hole.... what i cant get over is how good the thing is on fuel 2.8-3.2 MPG at cruise.  I can pull the motors up 6" for the skinny water here in the keys... 

mostly just maintenance items i put new lenco trim tabs on it as well... 

Im adding my radar Furuno to the panel, putting in the Fusion stereo head unit and garmin VHF and a LiFePO4 200ah house battery for the  audio power amps and inverter and running it off the F200's Isolated house charging lines,     

attachment (3).jpg

attachment (4).jpg

attachment (5).jpg

attachment (6).jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment (7).jpg

attachment (1).jpg

attachment (2).jpg

Edited by 84rzv500r
spelling
  • Like 2

yeah Im really happy with it... I wasn't aware that the 23DV was such a unicorn but I quickly learned as it draws a crowd every where I go with it... it does 80% of what I wanna do with a boat here in the lower keys and for the other 20% I have an old 21' Yamaha twin Jet boat that I repowered with 160HP 4 strokes for the really skinny water outback...   

Great numbers with those motors !

You will love that boat in the lower Keys.

Great platform for all kinds of fun.

I throw most fish in the livewell rather than the fish boxes. So much easier to clean and it keeps them alive and fresher. I’ll drain it and throw bags of ice on them on the way in. 

I asked about the Government boats when I was building mine. They built 4 or 5 of them with twin 200 HPDI’s, and they were quite fast. 
About 80 total DV’s were built over their cycle. 
Marc

On 3/29/2024 at 8:32 PM, Moderator said:

Great numbers with those motors !

You will love that boat in the lower Keys.

Great platform for all kinds of fun.

I throw most fish in the livewell rather than the fish boxes. So much easier to clean and it keeps them alive and fresher. I’ll drain it and throw bags of ice on them on the way in. 

I asked about the Government boats when I was building mine. They built 4 or 5 of them with twin 200 HPDI’s, and they were quite fast. 
About 80 total DV’s were built over their cycle. 
Marc

yeah actually i dont have the leaning post built in livewell on my boat...  it has drawer storage instead... I do have the bait wells in the transom...  I have replumbed the system so that i have a stainless hose bib on the transom gunnel so that i can use a 30 gal "portable livewell" when needed  with just a short piece of hose and moved the raw water washdown bib over to the starboard side of the transom gunnel out of the way.  I dont fish I just drive the boat... Blond Beach Barbie does the fishing and she has requested a fresh water washdown  so im looking into self contained systems for that and thinking about capacity and location...  likely gonna be in the storage locker in front of the center console and plumbed out of the center console with a retractable hose but its still a work in process...

nope the originals are under those and they are cnc routed aluminum.... i found those cast ones on ebay NOS at a dealer in FL for $69 for the pair and  used a sharpie to color the relief black... 

when I put the jack plates on the bolts were a fraction too long so i pulled the original ones glass beaded them hit them with zinc chromate and the put a coat of black deck enamel and a dab of 5200 around the holes and in the center and wala... 

CENTRAL FLORIDA MARINE

1021 N Orlando Ave

Maitland, Florida 32751

United States

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 84rzv500r said:

nope the originals are under those and they are cnc routed aluminum.... i found those cast ones on ebay NOS at a dealer in FL for $69 for the pair and  used a sharpie to color the relief black... 

when I put the jack plates on the bolts were a fraction too long so i pulled the original ones glass beaded them hit them with zinc chromate and the put a coat of black deck enamel and a dab of 5200 around the holes and in the center and wala... 

CENTRAL FLORIDA MARINE

1021 N Orlando Ave

Maitland, Florida 32751

United States

Appreciate the info! Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere.. I'll have to try giving them a call.