Glue for mounting wire ties in console?

FINCHASER

On 3/29/2024 at 1:15 PM, FINCHASER said:

Whats everyone using if adding those little zip tie block wire holders?  Has anyone tried a hot glue gun?  Looking for something ez to use and quick and gets the job done

most of them have a adhesive to attach to the wall of the console....

a dab of gorilla glue would compliment

DC

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Screw are not an option

Already used epoxy... works but press it on and it runs out and down whatever your mounting to and gotta hold it in place surprisingly long for it to grab it, so its messy and always worried about it getting somewhere in the boat

Tried the adhesive backed ones years ago.... they are trash

I did a test.... Picked up a glue gun and stuck one to a plastic box.  Let it cool put a zip tie thru it and I was impressed.... I pulled the hell outta it and it didnt budge

20 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

most of them have a adhesive to attach to the wall of the console....

a dab of gorilla glue would compliment

DC

The sticky tabs don’t last to long under the console. At least that is my experience. The good thing about 4200 or 5200 dabbed on the back is that it is sticky enough not to run when you stick it up. 

• Like 1

ive also had bad luck with the adhesive backed tie wrap holders but recently i bought some on amazon that were 3m branded adhesive on the back..... let me tell you dont make a mistake of where you put them i almost ripped the paint off trying to get it back off haha

• Like 1