Best Knife Sharpener ??? I found one I like - show me yours and why

I recently was going through the dilemma of what type of knife sharpener I should have in the house.

I looked at various - super high end, I bought an upgraded Chef's Choice (I had one for 10 years plus) but returned after one use....too complex.....I also  looked at Tumbler, etc. etc.

I found this one - Brad and Taylor....

I like it because it's small and sits on the counter - no set up and it gives me a "razor" sharp blade and I can tune up every knife in 5 stroke....the others need set up, plug in to electric, etc. etc.

Thoughts on what your using....

this on AMAZON and they have a few YOUTUBE videos for info.....

knife.thumb.jpg.80b65d479132d44adb0b1d82674d1a28.jpg

I’ve struggled trying to sharpen my fishing knives using a stone.  Sometimes I get the angle right and sharpening goes quickly and other times it’s a chore.

I bought a Chefs Choice electric sharpener and it’s idiot proof.  I keep one in the kitchen and one near my fish cleaning table.

IMG_1718.jpeg

My son bought me this because he knows I like to sit and sharpen my Benchmade's about every other day.  I know I need help!.  But I would like to find something for fillet and kitchen knives that's not a chore...this is not my personnel but what I have at home...image.png.e4dc407cff49637d7947e271cbbe97a0.png

54 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

My son bought me this because he knows I like to sit and sharpen my Benchmade's about every other day.  I know I need help!.  But I would like to find something for fillet and kitchen knives that's not a chore...this is not my personnel but what I have at home...image.png.e4dc407cff49637d7947e271cbbe97a0.png

i looked up that brod and taylor that wannaflats shared looks to be pretty easy and highly reviewed. just kinda pricey at $55 for something that should cost $15

15 hours ago, Fsu11 said:

i looked up that brod and taylor that wannaflats shared looks to be pretty easy and highly reviewed. just kinda pricey at $55 for something that should cost $15

really??? it's all stainless...heck, you can't even buy a box of hooks for $15 any more !!! (LOL)....

And, I've been using it every night when I cook....4-5 strokes and it's rock hard sharp and ready to plunge into a ripe papaya....the knife that is :)

BTW, the one you are referring to is the Nylon Version...the one above $115 or so....the chef's choice is good, but, requires three different honing steps across the platform...the Taylor requires just a different angle in your hand depending on the sharpness...what I've seen is that once I've gotten my Chef knives sharp...I just need to hone them about 4-5 times then wipe with a paper towel and wash off the burr.  Plus, it's something I can take with me on the boat for dockside sharpening....

DC