'94 Master Angler 18.5 question about bumpers

boatnorm

Hi folks, 

This is my first topic post so please forgive I'm doing something wrong.  I just purchased a 18.5 MA, and I love it.  My second time out i discovered that my local ramp, where i will put in and tie up the most, is about 2-3 inches below the rub rail and I already have a little scratch from contact with the dock.  I would like to employ some bumpers for protection when tying up, but i don't want the typical ones that most boaters use.  I would like them to be as small and inconspicuous as possible not only because I don't need the typical size bumpers for a boat this small and also due to storage constraints.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I am thinking something along these lines except with out the suction cups - Jet Logic Personal Watercraft (PWC) Bumpers - Fenders 2 Pack (wholesalemarine.com)

Thanks BoatNorm

I have used the low freeboard fenders on boats that sit low. They work well but I’m not sure they are what you are looking for. I just grabbed the first one on a google search for reference.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/taylor-made-bass-boat-low-freeboard-fender/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlZixBhCoARIsAIC745C-xTdXY59EC5NGqDdUcuV2ZuS7oAjctLKV2Z769rbItJkGZ0OAeuIaAse5EALw_wcB

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fin-addict said:

I would go with the normal fenders. 8x20 for your size sled. Can tie them off Vert or horiz.  And can be used for any docking situation you come across. JMO 👍😀 fin

Honestly no they can not be used in the instance that the top of the boat can be lower than the bottom edge of a dock. that is why the low freeboard fender will protect above the rub rail and over onto the deck. 

15 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Honestly no they can not be used in the instance that the top of the boat can be lower than the bottom edge of a dock. that is why the low freeboard fender will protect above the rub rail and over onto the deck. 

I understand what you’re saying but most docks have pilings so you can position your sled accordingly and use those fenders. The low profile bass boat fenders r great for morning up to floating docks or raised dock according to its constructions. I have seen boats using the low profiles and no dock pilings to tie up to and when the tide rises the gunnel is protected but gets stuck under the dock and takes on water, sunk at worst. Same as bow pulpit getting stuck under dock on rising tide or over dock on falling tide.