Jack Plate Height

Dixie

So recently repowered my 2008 RF21 with a new 250SHO.  Had an old 250 VMAX 2 smoker before.  I never tried different Jack Plate heights except when idleing out of creeks, flats, etc.  When the new engine / prop combo wasn't performing right, Ken Reeves from Propgods asked where I was running the plate?  All I can say is raised 3", it's like a different boat.  Apparently I've been living with self-inflicted crappy performance for a long time.  Great hole shot, great top end, but what's really different is the ride.  It rides totally different.  Curious what everyone else runs the plate at?

KK

In my opinion I have noticed a lot of people never mess around with their trim/jackplate/tabs enough. Every boat runs differently and needs different things to perform the best. Different scenarios dictate different adjustments more time behind the wheel while constantly adjusting trim/jp height/ tabs or no tabs will help understand what is best under specific conditions.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:48 PM, Fsu11 said:

In my opinion I have noticed a lot of people never mess around with their trim/jackplate/tabs enough. Every boat runs differently and needs different things to perform the best. Different scenarios dictate different adjustments more time behind the wheel while constantly adjusting trim/jp height/ tabs or no tabs will help understand what is best under specific conditions.

Absolutely, and I was one of those who never played around with it.  Never was a problem with the old motor so probably never got maximum performance and best ride out of it.