Two More Days In the Glades

Spent two more days in the far reaches of the 'glades this week with my buddy Captain Tom Ross. Two day total for snook and tarpon (26 snook, 6 tarpon) was just about equal to last week's one day catch, even though the solunar forecast and tidal coefficient were more favorable and predicted better days! Only thing I can attribute that to is the full moon--seems to me these fish feed all night on a full moon, especially if there is no cloud cover. Still, we had a great time and the lines were tight for two days, so I can't complain!

I've continued throwing the NLBN 3" paddle tail on a NLBN 1/8 oz. jig head, but those who know me understand my propensity to try different lures. This week, since there were so many mullet around, it was the LIVETARGET Mullet Hollow Body Swimbait. It has a great crippled baitfish swimming action and skips under the mangroves like a piece of cake. The first catch followed a tremendous explosion as a big snook followed it out and tried to eat it. Tom circled back, I skipped it to the back of the mangroves and boom! So much fun! This one measured 28.5" and was carefully released.

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

• Like 2

nice report...

The Zman have something similar to the one above...have'nt fished much lately so I can't comment, but, Youtube videos and CA seem to support it.

looks like you are doing some comfort fishing with the little skiff...pushing way into the back....

enjoy it now, summer is coming and you'll need fully body armor back where you guys are fishing :) from the skeeters.

DC

• Like 1