Polarized Glasses - Good deal

I stopped by a place called Shady Rays in Lexington, KY today. Company is based not far from Lex and have a few retail locations in the state.  Think they are mostly online.  Glasses are fairly affordable and looked fairly good outside the show room.  Their fishing glasses are blue or green mirror but just the opposite of how Costas work.  The blue mirror seems to let in more light for lower light conditions where the green mirror let in less light for brighter conditions.  They had a deal in the showroom where you could take a survey and get a buy one get second for half price.  I mentioned that to the guy at the register and he asked where we heard about Shady Rays.  We told him KSR (sports radio show in KY) and the guy said we get a better deal with the KSR promo code.  Buy two glasses and get 50% off each.  Essentially BOGO free.  Best of all, if you scratch, break or loose the glasses you pay $8.00 and they send you a new pair.  If you’re looking for cheap options to have multiple glasses around, might check them out.  

Fyi...you get what you pay for. Last summer I bought a pair of their sunglasses. They were crystal frames with the blue mirrored lens. They fit well and the lens provided adequate blockage from the sun. While fishing the left frame shattered just below my left eye. I contacted corporate and they didn't seem very interested in talking to me. They gave me a address for me to send them to and they would basically determine if it was my fault that this happened and whether they would warranty it or not. I told them not to bother, this wasn't the purpose of my call, somebody could possibly lose a eye. I personally would not wear SHADY RAYS sunglasses even if they were given for free. My eye vision is more important..,,jmo

Your mileage definitely may vary.  l would be sure to follow up with a review on their social media locations and maybe even shoot some  google reviews at their storefronts.  

When I'm on the water, I'm wearing 580G or something comparable but I'm a 2=1, 1=0 guy.  I'll always have a backup around.  This price point is not too hard to pull the trigger on for some spares.  Plus, in/out of 4 different vehicles on a daily basis, nice to have a pair in each.  Took them to the pond today to see how well they look in the water.  Impressed.  

Back during Black Friday I bought a pair as a backup for me and bought the little guy a pair of the kids frames. I think they were 60% off. That’s about as much as I’d pay. The kids ones are great because they are flexible. The ones I got were kinda cheap plastic frames. The polarization is meh and I even paid for upgraded lenses.  There is a line in the middle where the brown polarization changes colors. No where near the quality of Costa lenses, but also not the price. I emailed them about the issue with no response. The warranty is basically pay $9 or so to get a new one. I use mine for biking and yard work now.  I may pick up a more fashion oriented pair for when I need some glasses but don’t wanna bring expensive Costas. YMMV.