Loose t top problem

Need to ask for help here.  I own a 25 pathfinder since 2020. 

while navigating in some chop it felt like the console or the t top , in the front had a weird feeling and moving with the waves

while doing the cleaning, I grabbed the t top bars  with both hands and after  I pulled the bars towards me I noticed that the  t top was loose in the front and the whole front floor was lifting with the t top

Any ideas what to do?

Has any one had the same problem ?

Edited by Fisherman

• Fisherman changed the title to Loose t top problem

There was a topic on here some time back about a loose console on a HPS pathfinder. As I removed his boat was new and after much greif I think the factory finally did some work to correct the issue. I know one thing they did was mount some ugly stiffeners between the console and floor. 
 Your issue may require you to cut some access under the console and try to reach under the floor and try to through bolt the top to the stiffener plate. Obviously you need to understand what is under the floor as in fuel tank and stringers. 
 Other options would include taking the top up and drilling a hole in the floor to get some material under the floor to bond the floor and give a good place to reattach the top. 
 It’s a little concerning that you say all the movement is in the floor and not that the screws are simply loose. 
 Is it a factor t top and is the top secured to the console as well as the floor? 

57 minutes ago, Moderator said:

I would suggest you start with your local dealer and have them view the problem. Then start a warranty request through them. The dealer is usually the starting point.

Hope you get that resolved !

MM

Will try do so on Monday. Thanks

This boat was an export, so I bought it directly from factory . 

This is my 3rd pth, and my 6 boat from MBC. 

• Like 1

I am very sorry, Aldo !!

I see that you are a charter member of this Forum: 2003 !  

I was not aware you are overseas and have had so many MBG boats shipped to you !

I hope you get great guidance from the factory to correct the problem. 
I don’t know where you fish, but We would all like to see your catches !

Keep us posted in case any other 2500 owners have similar issues.. 

Mod Marc 

Just to keep you up dated,

I got a message from customer dpt, saying that it maybe stringers from my description. 

This is really crazy for a 4 year old boat with 200 hours on it. 

I wonder if anyone else had this kind of problems in the forum and how they solved it? How the warranty works with this issues?

i dont have experts down here to open the whole deck and repair the stringers so I am really worried how will this end up.

My Word !!!  Spectacular pair there !!

Stringers were not the first thing that came to my mind either.. 

I don’t know how to get you help in your location. I will make some inquiries to see if there are some ways to check the mounting.

In the mean time, perhaps some adept owners have some advice on using a bore scope to look at the deck connection or remove and check the tower bolts.. 

Marc

I had the problem your describing. My boat is a 2022 23 HPS, no T top. You can go back and look at the old post " center console shaking" if you want a long read. What I was told the issue was that because the floor is a floating floor, it is glued to the stringers by way of foam. That is what keeps the floor and cap from moving. If they don't prep the top of the stringers to accept the foam it won't stick and is now just a cushion and not a bond to the stingers. At my dealer, there were (2) 25 pathfinders going back for the problem your having with the T top flex. I don't know what year they were or if they were fixed because my dealer and I are no longer on speaking terms. Good luck and I hope you have better service than I had because between the factory and dealer it was a 2 year nightmare.

PS My boat rides like it should now that it is finally finished. 

Thanks for the post. I had a conversation with customer service dpt yesterday and gave me a few alternatives. They said exactly what you are saying, that the floor is not glued to the hull.

they offer me the alternative to send a video and if we can do it down here, that’s fine and if not they will send a couple of people to do the work

that’s the kind of service that I have been used to, with Mbc. 

will keep you post it. So far I am not fishing for the following 3 month. 😭

here a little video 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stosiak said:

Yep that's it, good luck hope all goes well. After it gets fixed you will love the ride.  

What exactly did they do? I mean I still don’t have a clue how are they planing to fix it. 

They have to take the cap off to gain access to the top of the stringers and prep them right before they put the cap back on. It is a big job so keep after them. I was disappointed when my new boat had this issue so I know how you feel. I won't go into details of my nightmare as I don't know if things changed at the factory, but make sure you check deck drain hoses, wiring, pump hoses ect, when you get it back before you launch. Check it over real good. Your 25 may be different as how they repair it but they took the cap off my 23. Just thinking out loud they may just cut the floor to gain access. Just make sure you ask how they plan to do the repair so you can inspect the job when you get it back. Good luck and keep us posted. I love my boat but hated what I went through to get what I paid for. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 3:23 PM, Fisherman said:

hey offer me the alternative to send a video and if we can do it down here, that’s fine and if not they will send a couple of people to do the work

that’s the kind of service that I have been used to, with Mbc. 

Aldo, great news.....

I think you are in Guayaquil ?  I would suspect there should be some fiberglass guys who might be able to help....but, if they send someone from the factory, be sure to coordinate that you have all the correct materials in advanced or you'll need to help them with the import....some of the stuff might not be able to fly into the country ?  Due to hazardous materials?

DC

Dino. Long but very long time no hear.

thank god you are still around. I don’t see many of the members that I used to read. And I don’t see the forum as active as it used to be. 

yes this is a big deal, at least for me.  The people at the factory gave me the good news last week that they will come up with a solution. 

I will keep you post it and let you know how this goes.