Hewes Redfisher 18 Repower

I am looking to repower my 2001 Hewes Redfisher 18 with either the Mercury Pro XS 115 or 150.  If I go the 115 route which gear case would provide better performance, the command thrust or standard?  The 150 appears to way around 80 pounds more than my current 130 Yamaha; however, the speed would be a nice trade off.  

Tough decision, hoping for some guidance from the knowledgeable MBG gurus.  I would like to be close to the 50 mph benchmark with the 115, boat is light, no poling platform/ powerpoles. 

Any feedback would be appreciated! 

My son is running a XS Pro 115 on a 203 Excel Bay boat, 4 Blade PT Prop Manual Jack Plate no Tabs for a little over a year now fuel economy is great 35 MPH into the 6 MPG range, topped out 2 men and gear about 44 mph, gear case I'm not sure I'll check with him tonight

If you want to be in the 50s go with the 150, otherwise your looking at mid 40s for top end. I've got a new suzuki 115 and hit 43-45 consistently but wish I went with the 150 as I have the need for speed but budget didnt allow at the time.  I also have an 01 Redfisher 18.

3 hours ago, GaFullCircle said:

Should I be concerned about the extra 80 pounds of the 150?  The Pro XS is around the same weight as a 2 stroke 150; however, don't want to jeopardize the integrity of the transom. 

plenty of Redfisher 18s with 150s and ive seen a few with 175/200s even though its not rated for it. I dont think youll have any issue except youll have a bit more squat in the back and may comprise a little draft.