04’ pathfinder 2200 continental trailer

Anyone out there have an early 2000s pathfinder 2200 with a continental trailer that could help me about with some dimension questions? I have an 04 with a 2018 trailer and I just feel that it’s set up wrong. The boat is new to me and just recently got it running and it doesn’t load/unload like any other boat ive owned. I’ve tried changes in trailer depth etc. I’ve also never seen another pathfinder trailer that has a keel roller.

any information regarding how your trailer bunks etc are set up especially in relation to the bow roller height would be hugely appreciated.

thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, Capt.CF said:

Anyone out there have an early 2000s pathfinder 2200 with a continental trailer that could help me about with some dimension questions? I have an 04 with a 2018 trailer and I just feel that it’s set up wrong. The boat is new to me and just recently got it running and it doesn’t load/unload like any other boat ive owned. I’ve tried changes in trailer depth etc. I’ve also never seen another pathfinder trailer that has a keel roller.

any information regarding how your trailer bunks etc are set up especially in relation to the bow roller height would be hugely appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Not sure this will help, but here is my 2009 Pathfinder 2200 on a Ameritrail dual axle trailer. The bunks are treated 2” X 6” wood wrapped in marine carpet. Total of four bunks , two long, two short…as shown below. My boat sits low on trailer but is easy to load and unload and pulls very nice on the road. I hope this helps you….

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Not sure this will help, but here is my 2009 Pathfinder 2200 on a Ameritrail dual axle trailer. The bunks are treated 2” X 6” wood wrapped in marine carpet. Total of four bunks , two long, two short…as shown below. My boat sits low on trailer but is easy to load and unload and pulls very nice on the road. I hope this helps you….

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

Definitely helps!  Looks like it sits significantly different than mine on the trailer. Heard nothing but good things about the ameritrail as well.

boat looks awesome too! 

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4021.jpeg

Your rear bunks are on edge ( standing up rather than flat ). This would have the boat sitting higher on trailer. I do see them both ways on various trailers, I guess it’s up to the owners. Your forward two bunks are sitting flat….you could probably change the rear mounts to accommodate flat bunks with some rework. All depends on how you like it set up. I’m not trying to confuse you, just trying to explain what I see. JJ

Mine fits like a glove. it is a Ameri trail welded bunk supports i assume built for the hull.  Th OP"s trailer has adjustable bunks as i am sure everyone knows. I would like to see a shot from the back to see if the bunks could be widened out. Then would try to pick up on the front bunks to support the front and try to guide the bow when loading. The fact that the trailer has a keel roller should not be an issue. that only helps to protect the keel on an unexpected situation at the launch. in theory the boat should never touch that roller. 

after looking at pictures of my boat on the trailer and the one JJ posted here I have another out of the box kind of idea. The adjustable  bunks are not built for any one boat they are built for all boats. if the bunks are set all the way down in the brackets and still too tall they could be cut down a couple of inches. the bunks would allow a deeper v style boat to sit lower on the trailer the way they are now but the pathfinder is pretty flat hull back there. 

I appreciate all the input here. I think I’m going to start by trying to slightly raise the forward bunks and see if that helps guide the bow up to the roller. At all trailer depths it currently hooks the roller  and I sort of have to lift it over to unload it. Hopefully raising slightly helps. I will say overall is does sit pretty level on the trailer so I’ll try not to make any drastic changes.

and if all else fails I may have to look into ameritrail! Lol

If you are talking about  catching  on the bow roller it is a sign that  the stern is floating high because it is  too far in the water. This pushes the bow down as the stern floats.

The 2200 is known  for this problem. There is a fine line on how far back to go. The lower the boat is on the trailer the sooner it will float so you  don't have to go back as far.

Some solve the problem by nudging the boat back just before  launching. 

looking back at your trailer pictures and noticing some other trailers it appears your front bunks are set very close to the centerline. While you are adjusting them i would try to set them wider and lift them to match the hull. wider and higher might give it a better shot at guiding the boat to the roller rather than being so close together that the keel just rides between the bunks and does not contact the boards 

• Like 1